Coalmont OHV Park update (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

We are into the season where there is something every Saturday, anyone that can’t make the 3rd can come on the 10th.

If you attend the Coalmont work weekend Saturday April 10th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a free registration to GSMTR 2021. If you're already registered and win the drawing, we'll add 100 free raffle tickets to your current registration.

Last edited:
Well..... I may not make it Saturday. My wife took a skid on our car port steps and broke a bone in her left foot. It'll be a game time
decision for me depending on her mobility.
:beer: ✌️

Well..... I may not make it Saturday. My wife took a skid on our car port steps and broke a bone in her left foot. It'll be a game time
Your help is always appreciated, there is the club workday on the 10th and we have have another general workday on the 17th.

ouch, hope shes ok

Your help is always appreciated, there is the club workday on the 10th and we have have another general workday on the 17th.
forgot this was easter wkend so gonna skip this wkend and plan for the 10th.

If you attend the Coalmont work weekend Saturday April 10th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a free registration to GSMTR 2021. If you're already registered, we'll add 100 free raffle tickets to your current registration.

I wish I had seen this... I just registered! I'll make it up to one of these with the project truck sooner than later I hope.

If you attend the Coalmont work weekend Saturday April 10th, your name will be entered into a drawing for a free registration to GSMTR 2021. If you're already registered and win the drawing, we'll add 100 free raffle tickets to your current registration.

I'll also marked it down.. I'll be a game time decision with work but I'm gonna try...

Got my 2nd Covid Vaccine scheduled for the 23rd. I'll have to see what my side affects are, but I doubt I'll be there.

For safety reasons, there will be a contractor putting the roof on the pavilion for the Coalmont OHV Park. The 422 Cove Off-Road Club is doing a fundraiser to pay for the labor on getting the roof put on. We can not wait for the Coalmont OHV Park to be open. This is going to be a great thing for the city of Coalmont. Any donations are appreciated. We want to do our part in helping the OHV Park. To all those who have volunteered or donated to help them out, Thank you! Coalmount OHV Park Pavilion Roof - https://paypal.me/pools/c/8yFm8DZSfI

IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

The last couple weeks we have been working with equipment to connect several of the trails the volunteers have been cutting the last couple of months. Some of trails these required cutting shelf trails with switch backs to make loop trails. We have added four new loops including one that runs under the Rock House and past the waterfall and cave and one that runs from the Cove trail up Knight’s gulf and exits at the far east end of the park. We have two more to do this week on the west side of the trailhead, when it dries out from Saturday’s rain.

So now it is time to get more trails cut. We will have a trail cutting workday on Saturday May 8, we will meet at 9 am at the trailhead at the end of B Mine Rd, Tracy City. When you get to the end of the County road just keep coming another ¾ mile up new road. Please remember that B Mine road is narrow and posted at 30 MPH.

Bring a Chainsaw, a weed eater with a blade, loopers or just a pair of gloves, we will have work for everyone. And do not forget a lunch and Deet.

The club will also be continuing work on the primitive camping sites. Thanks to all the helped this weekend.

Anyone coming tomorrow to help with the RV hook ups bring your rubber boots, the trench is muddy.

Well, looks like a lot has been going on. Saw this article in the Grundy Co paper that says grand opening will be happening in April or May.

20220322_141716.jpg

Water line work is going on currently. Looks like power is in and the Pavilion is up and looking sharp.
20220322_160826.jpg

Bath house/ office still has a little to go, but it's looking nice. Probably one of the nicer ones I've seen.

20220322_160851.jpg

Looks like the RV slots are ready for some campers.

20220322_160907.jpg

20220322_161130.jpg

Lots of hard work has been going on behind the scenes. Look forward to hearing about the grand opening when it's scheduled.

April is not realistic, end of May is still a maybe. On the volunteer work list is putting in 6 more RV spaces, wiring the pavilion and lot of trail work. A lot of new trails have been cleared but all need equipment work , erosion and sediment control , fixing large mud holes and working on some obstacles that make trails difficult when rest of trail is moderate.

April is not realistic, end of May is still a maybe. On the volunteer work list is putting in 6 more RV spaces, wiring the pavilion and lot of trail work. A lot of new trails have been cleared but all need equipment work , erosion and sediment control , fixing large mud holes and working on some obstacles that make trails difficult when rest of trail is moderate.

Fixing large mud holes? I thought that’s what 44 boggers were for :flipoff2:

It is looking good and looking forward to checking it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom