Club members FIRE evacuees (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thinking about our members in Fire areas ,
Stay safe , Post up if you need help !!!!!
And GOOD LUCK

I am not evacuated yet. In Santa Rosa. I have no power, but if anyone needs any help, we are available 707 484 5264. We'll even go loot your mother in law's house for you.

PMC folks post up if you need assistance.
I know many are with out power so they may not see this.
I will send out an email to everyone to check on statuses.

Safe here in Pacifica. Camping in my house. Thinking of it as a warm up for camping at Pismo this coming weekend

Dave,
Thanks for posting up this thread, and the email to coordinate contact for all our clubies. I currently am sitting OK, and have a few evacuees residing at my home right now. We hope that everybody is in good health, and safety.

All good at my place, have power, water and smoke 1/2 mile from Larry's shop. Have a half dozen evacs and climbing.
Pete

Insurance guy came today to asses smoke damage, Lots of ash, lots, like it sucked into the attic insulation and they want to replace that and all the duct work. Outside is an ash s*** show, retard neighbors are using blowers to clean it, power washing creates a wet pasty pile of ash that will turn to acid if concentrated and left wet. I have been using shop vac with both the wet & dry filters to vacuum it all but it is a slow go, c'mon rain, lots of rain. The insurance (AAA) HAS BEEN AWESOME, FAST, FAIR, & DID ME RIGHT. Props to AAA for getting it done. Getting a wind mill & some lithium battery packs for the home, combined with solar & the generator I can run the house as normal ( no pool or hot tub ) indefinitely while only having to run the generator for 1 or 2 hours a day, depending on home much sun for solar & wind. Got my PG&E bill down to $160 a month and that's with just the 4kw solar I have online now. I have another 4kw system paid for & on site just need to get it installed. It's easy if anyone has been wanting solar but does not want a lease with one of the s***ball companies that do them PM me, you can buy all the stuff and install easy & the permit process thru PG&E is online, super simple, super fast, most municipalities have the permit as an over the counter deal. I don't blame PG&E, delivering power 24/7 is a monumental task . If I can be self reliant & compliant with all local regs then it's a win/win.

Now if I could raise stock on my city lot I would be self sufficient, no well here tho.

Glad to hear they are taking care of you.
Smoke smell is hard to get rid of.
check your cars paint as well. The ash is an acid that will eat through the paint and clear coat.

Dave, you would be surprised at how many people say I am full of s*** regarding the wet ash.

Every time you opened a door or window there was a plum of ash so I prioritized shop vacing around the doors and windows then rinse, then vac up the ash & wet s***, then move to next little area, about 25% done. Did get approval for new seats in the cruiser due to the ash piles ruining the 20 year old civic seats :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom