club information and list use (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud_Guppie

EBI Cruisers
Threads
Website
www.extremebends.com
So, am I out of line here?
I'm probably the third longest paying club member, I've offered deals to club members for years, I've been an active club member since I joined, and I sell parts and service work for a living

I'm the president of the club so I'm pretty sure that we never spoke about list use and rules.

Should paid members of Coastal Cruisers be allowed to sell Cruiser related parts to the club on the club list?

I come across deals all the time for Cruiser related parts. Should I email everyone individually? Because there is no way I have time to do that.

I posted a rim for sale ad here. I offered rims up at cost plus shipping.
Now the ad has been moved to the for sale section for anyone to view. I'm not going to sell parts to non club members for free. So now my ad has a chance to cause me grief about pricing.

should I not use the club list for offering deals or parts to the club before anyone else?

what's your opinion?

I think you should be able to, but just to clarify that you are not just selling normally, maybe put in the title somewhere that it is a Coastal Cruiser deal. If that is not satisfactory enough, maybe we need another section on our list that is just for selling stuff between members. My personal opinion, is that our list is not active enough to need that, and the occasional pimping of cruiser stuff is OK.
But if more guys like Greg and Sheldon, Mike, Rob, Bruce, or any other local vendor want to also add some deals for us locals, maybe we should have a for sale section on our list.
Cheers,
Deny

I have no problem with it...but I'll just add that anyone can view our club list just as easily as they can view the for sale section.
It all depends on how people search and view threads...one can just hit the 'new posts' link and see 'rims for sale' and may or may not notice its buried in our club list. Or...just spew it out on topica...cuz any club member on here obviously has a computer with internet access, therefore email.

Enigma said:
It all depends on how people search and view threads...one can just hit the 'new posts' link and see 'rims for sale' and may or may not notice its buried in our club list. Or...just spew it out on topica...cuz any club member on here obviously has a computer with internet access, therefore email.

That makes sense Jeff, I usually just go to the sections of interest myself but your technique sounds easier

I'll get back on the Topica list.

I think we should all be able to sell stuff on our club thread. I would label it, "This price For Coastal Cruisers members." Maybe that would encourage people to join our club too. The other For Sale thread would be retail for other people.
~Bill :banana:

Scalp is onto something...

I think it is simply a matter of being very very clear with for sale postings. I do not see a problem with using this list to let people know there are personal items or special priced items for club members only, and having them left in our section. It does need to be stated as such though, to ensure clarity. Remember what "assume" means...

If it is for everyone, post it here 1st to give members the 1st option, then request in the post to have the moderator move it to the for sale section after a few days, or simply post it there right away, and link it from our portion.

my 2 cents.

gb

sounds good to me!

thanks guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom