Clicking sound in footwell, 3b dies, usually at idle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm trying to figure out what's going on, there's a relay or something clicking for a few seconds prior to the engine dying, this same issue seems to be giving me issues starting. Like turn the key and nothing happens, I replaced a fusable link and blew it within 12 hours.
It's there a ground or relay issue I need to fix?
1982 BJ60 3b

Thanks team

Sometimes I am naughty and hose inside my engine bay after a spray of aquaklean, briefly for cleaning. I get relays clicking on and off from this sometimes, in which , of course, an earth is getting shorted out. They dry out with some compressed air and I am on my way. Maybe a relay has a corroded earth.

The edic appears to be operational, as viewed while starting up.
The issue seems to be solved by rpm at this point, I hear the click and bring up the revs and it's fine.
I'll try the Diesel fourn too, thanks

If revs keeps it running.. you need to consider the Low Oil Pressure shutoff function of the EDIC is kicking in.. either because of a fault, or because of a genuine low oil pressure situation.

If revs keeps it running.. you need to consider the Low Oil Pressure shutoff function of the EDIC is kicking in.. either because of a fault, or because of a genuine low oil pressure situation.
Thank you. I was actually low on oil and I added some and so far the issue has not come back, even putting it in the same scenarios.

This was my test drive

20230305_125822.jpg

Spectacular photo! What a backdrop!

Glad to hear you caught that low oil situation early enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom