clicking from front end, need input (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How long has it been making the noise? How loud is it? Does it do it only at low speeds or all the time?

Are you planning to keep the vehicle stock or lift it? Is it a daily driver or is it an extra vehicle? How many miles do you drive a year and how long do you plan to keep it? Do you off road, tow, etc, often?

If you are going to do the work, it's entirely reasonable to use a quality aftermarket CV on a stock vehicle that gets moderate use. You also said it's a rust bucket, so depending on how bad it truly is the ROI isn't there on OEM parts. The NAPA cvs sound to have worked for a few people here just fine. You may have to replace them again down the road. The P.O. of my LC had aftermarket CVs in it for 50k with no issue after a shop foolishly didn't rebuild the OEM ones when the boots tore. As soon as I lifted it they had vibrations, but otherwise were a perfectly fine part.

If you're paying someone to do the work, or if you expect them to last another 100k+, or are lifting it, or subjecting it to hard off-road use, I'd go OEM.

If it's only been clicking a few days and you don't feel it from the driver's seat, you might look if you've got an object stuck in a tire or even a bad tire.
Thanks, all good points. I'll do the work myself. It only has 106k on it and it gets driven about 30 miles a few times a week and it's the default family trip vehicle. It's not lifted and I don't plan on any modifications.

My clicking noise went away. I had replaced my tires with new BFG KO2’s a couple weeks ago and took it for a drive today and didn’t hear the noise at all. Not sure if the noise was due to the tires or some other component.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom