Clear and Crystal-Clear lenses for the 80 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How much are these mot....my older style LED's were cracked by the ICE installer :mad:

And as for the headlights, the light pattern would be different than what you need in the US, so you would be better off either by trying to get the Euro OEM headlights from a vendor in Canada (H4 high/low and H1 high beams) or try e-bay if you want projector, etc... (not as good of a quality as OEM, but look sorta cool).

You can search a thread started by "NVR ENUF" for pics of them, etc...

Mot:)

Rob,

I'm currently offering the "Euro" LED's for $150 plus shipping.

Let me know if it's time for you to feed my sons' beetles.:D

You can put mine no problem ;) hey but hurry up I have to do some surgery once they arrives here (Do some tint and cut it :frown: ) It'll be one of the kind and much brighter, you'll be surprise Mot :hillbilly:

As far as the LED rears go....
I can put the regular Euro ones on mine since I do not have a buyer for them yet, but I have this hunch that Harry (LX_TREME) would not appreciate it if I put his on for comparison.:D

Looking good! :lol:

PM me with price quotes for the whole deal:
  • Smoked Rear LED Lights (from page 6), crystal clear corner lights (not the standard clear ones), crystal clear front and side turn signal lights

Will be shipping to Minnesota, USA 56001

Do you have anything that will replace the rear side markers, or will the crystal clears that go on the front sides work just fine?? If i remember right they are red in color...

And i just went outside to look and it seems like i will have to cut a home for those front side markers, i swear it came with them lol..... Do i need any special wiring harness to install the front side markers that you might be offering???

Thanks!:D

Last edited:
Do you have anything that will replace the rear side markers, or will the crystal clears that go on the front sides work just fine?? If i remember right they are red in color...

And i just went outside to look and it seems like i will have to cut a home for those front side markers, i swear it came with them lol..... Do i need any special wiring harness to install the front side markers that you might be offering???

I'll PM you with my quote on the total cost, with shipping.

I do not have anything to replace the rear side marker lenses.

And you are correct that you would have to surgically(sp) remove some sheet metal in order to install the side markers.

There's a socket and short harness that come with the OEM set-up that I can throw in with the crystal lenses, but beyond that you would have to fab it up.

The Euro LED's are much brighter than my crystal/red tail lights. I ended up putting LED bulbs for the signal and reverse lights as well. They have a 45 led bulb now that is nice and bright compared to the earlier 18-20 led bulbs that were garbage. These LED bulbs look cool with the front signal markers too.:cool:

NVR ENUF, Have you tried the Luxeon LED 1156/1157 bulbs?

The Crystal Clear LED taillights have 25 LED for the Stop/brake lights. They are bright!

No, I haven't tried them bulbs but I did try bulbs that have that plastic covering like this and they were dim.:frown:
1157_side_amber_wm.jpg

I have these 45 LED bulbs now and they are bright.:)
89e8_1_b.JPG

Would you be able to post some pictures of the LED tailights from pg. 6 mounted on an 80? (clear ones and smoke btw) :frown:

I finally got around to doing the comparison yesterday.

I'll try to post the pics either later on (my) today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience!
I still need to work on your quote, but let me know what you think of the outcome!

Mot;)

Thanks for posting more pictures up Mot, don't worry about the delay....

I've been looking at the tailights from page 3.... and page 6 (smoked euros).... and now i think i have to ask you another question (or if anyone else can answer).

Is there any difference as far as brightness/reliability issues comparing the LED tailights from page 3 (crystal clear red/clear LED tailights) and the LED tailights from page 6 (the smoked ones i have my eyes on)?

I saw on the previous posts by NVR ENUF saying the "The Euro LED's are much brighter than my crystal/red tail lights"

Are you comparing the ones from page 3 to the ones from page 6? Or is it the new bulbs you put in that you are comparing?

Is there any difference as far as brightness/reliability issues comparing the LED tailights from page 3 (crystal clear red/clear LED tailights) and the LED tailights from page 6 (the smoked ones i have my eyes on)?

I saw on the previous posts by NVR ENUF saying the "The Euro LED's are much brighter than my crystal/red tail lights"

Are you comparing the ones from page 3 to the ones from page 6? Or is it the new bulbs you put in that you are comparing?

I was comparing the regular crystal/reds w/incandescent bulbs to the Euro LED's. The Euro LED's you can easily notice them on during a bright day whereas the regular crystal/reds were hard to notice until the brake lights where applied. As with reliability, don't now how the LED's will hold up but the regular crystal/reds use the same exact bulb setup as OEM. I'll post pics up soon to show the LED's I also added to the turn signals.

You guys should post LED tailight pic both - during the day and night time so they can see and compare in the afternoon and dark time.In case nobody can help easy..get red CLUB steering wheel lock or some long bar ( less than 1 meter ) or 3 foot stick in between driver seat and brake pedal there you can take pic all day long without help...:D

Also, a tennis racket works good too!

Comparison pics, at last:D:

Pic 1: Crystal red/clear

Pic 2: Euro LED (normal)

Pic 3: Euro LED (smoked)

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0005b.jpg
PICT0004b.jpg

Pic 1: Brake light on (normal)

Pic 2: Brake light on (smoked)

PICT0011b.jpg
PICT0007b.jpg

Pic 1: Crystal red/clear

Pic 2: Euro

Pic 3: Euro (brake lights on)

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0003b.jpg
PICT0006b.jpg

I think the difference between the two Euros are fairly subtle, especially in the pics since the sun was coming up/shining on the left side of the rig.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom