CLCC Meeting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just attended my first CLCC meeting which was also my first TLCA meeting. It was great to meet fellow people who had similar passions!

I will be there again next month. In the meantime I am going to find a trail route to ride, and I have this great idea of starting a thread consisting of maps and pics of trails that I have gone to. Since I am novice AND have a new car that I don't want to risk trashing, an archive of trail maps for such types of people might attract them to CLCC, and encourage people to go riding if they knew of novice but fun trails that will not cause damage to their vehicles.

Of course, many of these people might go on to become dedicated FJ fanatics!

I have already gathered that west on 33 from Harrisonburg is a 4WD hotspot, but are there any specific routes that anybody would recommend or would like to see posted here in this forum?

I think anything you post will be very useful. The CLCC consists of everything from novices who don't want to trash their vehicles to rock crawlers. I like maps. I have a stock 40 and am looking for some novice trails as well. I put some pinstriping on my wife's FJC and that ended it's offroading career (for now). :doh:

Last edited:
Where did that pinstriping take place? Did it buff out?

On the Old Olney Trail. ;) I took the FJC through some narrow wooded areas and tree branches left their mark. It was near the long-abandoned farm house that burned a few years back. The new construction has cleared a lot of that out. Most of the marks came out by hand.

Oh Daaaaaaaave

I think anything you post will be very useful. The CLCC consists of everything from novices who don't want to trash their vehicles to rock crawlers. I like maps. I have a stock 40 and am looking for some novice trails as well. I put some pinstriping on my wife's FJC and that ended it's offroading career (for now). :doh:

Rausch Creek is calling to you - April 19.

Rausch Creek is calling to you - April 19.

Bob, I got a million excuses, but the best one is Barb is very busy with catering events almost every weekend in April and guess who's the free help. :censor: Also, I'd like to get the OME springs on before I head out. Hitting the bump stops is getting tiring.

Now that's an excuse I understand completely!

I would be interested in checking out this place and doing an overnight camp trip. Anyone ever been here? I did not even know it existed.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/outdooradventures/greenridge_ORVmap.pdf

The FJBruisers go there quite a bit. I think it's fairly tame. I'd be interested in going too. Here's an interesting pic from Green Ridge.
117536033110_0_BG.jpg

Last edited:
I remember reading about this area, either on OCC or MD Creepers. IIRC, the roads/trails are very tame like trail one at GSMTR. I've also read that the Baltimore 4 wheelers have access to some private land. It would be nice if we had an in with them.

Anyone ever been here? I did not even know it existed.
/quote]

I have Mtn Biked that area...which would be a great reason to go back. I could kill two birds.....

I'd like to go mountain biking to but I’d hate to disturb all the dust I've been collecting all these years.

And I don’t think my old bike could hold my fat butt.

Chris

The trails up there are really nice, with only a one or two long uphills/downhills...the rest is fairly shallow and rolling and fun. Also there is a HUGE camping area that is wide open and perfect for cruisers and bikes. The mtn bike trailhead is right there. I'll try to get a bit more information on it this week to give to the group.

The mtn bike trail is a loop, so those who want to give it a try can take their own sweet time and enjoy it.

It seems like Green Ridge is a must.

I will definitely find a Sunday to go there sometime next month. Guess I'll need to take my bike, too.

I will be posting my first trip in a few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom