Christmas Tree Run December 2nd (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Well it's been a little while since I've organized a Christmas Tree run, and I actually think the last time we had one organized it was -40... Anyways it will be good to get the multi-club trip going again. The plan will be some what open as to the trails because of possible logging and changes in the area but there are a few good decent winter trails to get people out for the occasion. As most who have attended in the past know this isn't one of our hardcore runs so much as it is just getting people together and having some fun. Depending on weather conditions and interest there is potential to have winter camping for those interested. If attending this event please no drinking on the trail, can drink at night if camping. Please make sure your vehicle is in good mechanical condition and that you have proper recovery points and equipment. The last hill out of the trail is usually a winch/pull one.

Itinerary
Saturday December 2

- meet in Caroline for a 10 am departure from the GTI. Those coming from the south can meet here خرائط Google‏ at 10:30-11am this is close to the trail head.
- we will stop for lunch and have a fire to cook on or if it isn't required we can just eat on the run.
- make sure you have your Christmas Tree permit so if you see a nice tree you can take it home with you. there will be chainsaws handy.
- depending on what time of day it is that we get off the trail there is another trail that's a little more exciting to do for those interested in giving that a go.
- should be off the trail around 5pm or earlier for those wanting to head home.

Sunday December 3 (Optional)
-
head home whenever if you chose to camp out over night.

Please post up any questions or suggestions you may have.
Thanks,
John

thanks for the invite ! I would like to go to this December 2nd is a contested day on my schedule, but will try to join

Is there a way to duck out of the trail earlier, about 3 -4 Pm?
I'd have to be back in edmonton at about 5:30-6.

Is there a way to duck out of the trail earlier, about 3 -4 Pm?
I'd have to be back in edmonton at about 5:30-6.
That's really hard to say for sure. The trail doesn't take too long usually but there are a lot of variables. On average that's when we usually get off the trail. Anything can happen though so it's not a for sure 100%

I’m in! Looking forward to it...in a big way. Need to see my friends again. Been way to long :).

Last edited:
I am really interested in going. My wife's Christmas party is the evening before and, as per usual, I havent touched the Cruiser since getting back from the summer excursion. Hoping to get it into the garage next weekend and give her a good once over. Will see what comes out of that...

Any better idea on the trail? The 80 is not going to be ready so thinking of bringing the 4runner.

Any better idea on the trail? The 80 is not going to be ready so thinking of bringing the 4runner.
I'll be taking my 4runner so it won't be anything crazy. Just a easy Christmas tree run.

Truck is good to go. Main battery is s***... heading to wifes xmas party right away and wont be able to grab one. No big winch pulls for me!

So barring anything crazy over the next 12hrs I should be there!

9u9ksl.jpg

cool picture Dad!

too bad I missed this, thanks for extending the invitation, maybe next time :D

Had a great time and a decent turn out. Pretty uneventful day with just one blown bead.
20171202_114113.jpg

20171202_123301.jpg

20171202_123311.jpg

20171202_131758.jpg

20171202_134457.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom