Christmas Tree Cutting Day 1 Saturday November 25 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Meet at the Divide Philips 66 at 8:00 am. We leave about 8:30 7:45 am. Leave about 8:15 and go to check in with the Forest Rangers at the Rule Ridge parking lot at 8:30. That is where we air down and get a briefing on the latest conditions, areas to patrol, FS radio issue, magnetic sign issue, maps etc.

Remember to bring a GMRS radio, recovery gear, winter clothes, tire chains, coffee and lunch.

We do a debrief with the FS Rangers at 4:00 pm, return FS gear, air up and go home.

Please reply to this thread if you plan on going on this day.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAS
I will be there Saturday and will provide a hot stew for lunch (I think it is Chicken chili). I'll have at least 1 Guest along.

I will be cutting my tree that day. Will not be up all day but will have my radio on and gear to assist if needed.

Randy, Raisinhell2 is going on Saturday. Others are thinking of coming. Get off the fence and just come out. You are among friends and we need at least 4 trucks as a minimum to be effective.

We usually run channel 5 - 0 unless it gets too busy

Today we had 2 people Jeremy W and David M. We started with the introductions of the new people of the FS and reconnected with the legacy employees. The FS requested that we patrol the most difficult roads since the new FS employees don't have winter off road experience. We started on CR3 and drove to West Creek then continued on South and then North on parallel routes all through the day. We went through all of the water crossings and none of them were frozen solid. There were frozen chunks floating along. Overall the steeper roads have had lots of water erosion with large ruts. There wasn't very much snow (1 to 2 inches).
DSCN2427[1].JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom