Christmas for Kids 2022 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
It might seem early to start this, but I got a message from JJ (Colorado Springs Christian 4Wheelers) who heads this up each year; Need to know how many are interested in sponsoring a child this year, and / or preparing some "senior gift bags" that are distributed to seniors under DHS supervision.

Three or four of us did it last year, and it was a big contribution in that we helped (with a bunch of other clubs/organizations) to fulfill all of El Paso County DHS's requirements--not one child or senior was left to "go without".

Send me a private message BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT SEPTEMBER 28 if you are willing to do this--need to know how many children you are willing to sponsor, and/or number of senior gift bags you are willing to donate. Finally, need your full name and email address, please.

[sponsoring a child=buying and wrapping one or more items on their wish list...averages $40-$60; preparing a senior gift bag averages $20-$25]

Copied text from JJ's email below:

"...coordinating support from the Colorado Springs area 4-wheeling clubs for the El Paso County Department of Human Services (DHS) "Christmas for Kids" program, which seeks to fulfill the Christmas wishes of children in families who have otherwise exhausted their DHS benefits, as well as to provide modest gift bags to senior clients of DHS who are often isolated at home. DHS has asked us to estimate our level of support early this year, so they can give the caseworkers additional time to gather the necessary information regarding each supported family. I need a rep from each club that anticipates having one or more sponsors to Reply to this e-mail by Wed Sep 28 with your club name and the name and e-mail of each interested sponsor with the number of children they would like to sponsor, as well as any seniors.

Last year, due to 4-wheeler generosity, we were able to help over 100 children and 75 seniors!

Thank you for your clubs' past support of this important program, and I hope to hear from you in the next few days."

Cheers,

jj

Jim Jenista, Director
CSC4W

Here is the thread from last year, this will provide more detail of how this works.

Melissa and I will sponsor 1 senior each. 👍

Reactions: SAS
I don't know, other than that was what JJ's email stated. I learned last year that there are many clubs, businesses, and organizations in El Paso County that participate in this, so perhaps the county DHS coordinator was seeking to establish a baseline number.

If you and/or others want to contribute this year, stay tuned as I presume there will be opportunity (meaning, I would think they would have a longer "prep" season for clubs, businesses, and other organizations to promote it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom