Checklist for V8 swapped FJ60 search (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks clean for the most part. I do not see a fan shroud. Couple of exposed wires, they bug me too.

Hi Tommy

Looks clean for the most part. I do not see a fan shroud. Couple of exposed wires, they bug me too.
Fan shroud wouldn't be a deal breaker for me nor would the wires. Both are easily remedied.
The major things like mount location and type are where I would focus.

Fan shroud wouldn't be a deal breaker for me nor would the wires. Both are easily remedied.
The major things like mount location and type are where I would focus.
These are things you can see in the one picture. Obviously the engine placement looks to be fine by the one picture not crammed in to the firewall and there's room for the mechanical fan. Still plenty of stuff we can't see. More than likely it has aa engine mounts and probably using factory xmember and oem transmission rubber mount. Still guessing at this point.
Tommy

Thanks guys. Stuff like engine placement, mounts, cross member, ect., are things I wouldn't of thought of. I've never dealt with an engine swap car before. Thanks for the insight.

Some more info:

The engine is an L98 5.7 liter TPI, out of a 1989 C/k1500. Transmission is out of a Corvette.

No rust. New cat. New leaf spring bushings. New tie rods. New knuckle seals and drag links. Sound deadening throughout.

Another consideration for me, is the car is already titled in CA as a V8, which is a bit of a hit or miss proccess getting an engine swapped car titled here.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom