cheap onboard air (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I stopped off at my local T&T today to price out carbs...and had to buy this 12v air compressor unit they had on for sale. (impulse shopping at it's best) :eek:

Its called a 'Tornado', made by Airzone recreation, model T3, 12v, max air flow 1.94 cfm, max 140 psi, max restart pressure 180 psi, max amperage 23 amp, 5.75 lbs, 1/4 hp, 7.5"x4.25"x6.75"H.
our price was $67.74 (incld taxes). 24 month warranty as well.

Theres 3 models, T1 T2 and T3. T1 was on sale for 44$

Comes with about a 15' alligator clip battery lead and about another 12' of coiled yellow plastic air hose with inline guage. There was suppose to be a cigarette light adpator but mine was missing (dont care..would never use it anyways) as well as 3 adaptors for pumping up soccer balls etc. and its all packaged in a nice little carry case.

It pumped up a fully deflated 33x9.5 in 7 mins.(to 30 psi)

Yes it got hot..but thats expected..and they say it will. They have some kind of mission statement on the box about taking the 'tornado challenge' and try and find a better off the shelf 12v unit.

I'll toss it in the truck whenever i go wheeling and lets how this baby lasts.

Last edited:
What's the duty cycle?

I was at KMS on Saturday and found a 12v compressor. It has a 100% duty cycle and is about the same size as the one Enigma posted. It's around $380.00. It's used for low riders with air bags, very cool!

Hey GG,
I have that compressor, and it is really good. without a tank I can pump 1 34 from 12psi to 30 psi in 3min. Wait till it goes on sale, I got mine for 299 last May.
Cheers,
Deny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom