chassis/frame bracing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
so after stories from our work shop of fjs coming in with twisted chassis i did some research and found that ultraracing so 4 or 5 different braces for the fj but i cant seem to find an online retailer to buy them from.

has anyone else found similar stuff to help strengthen the frame on an fj, this car has to be me proof so all known weak points needs to be armoured, strengthened or replaced with hd parts

Weld your sliders on for a quick way to beef up the frame. Unless you really are racing your FJC, I don't see a significant advantage for the amount of weight you would be adding (harder on your drivetrain too).

...with a little bit of Google Fu: Toyota FJ Cruiser Subframe Connectors & Braces — CARiD.com

I made my own brace under the transmission, after installing an Inchworm "Lefty" low-geared transfer case. The new one is shorter, stiffer, and fits completely between the frame rails, rather than the stock one that just bolts on the bottom of the frame rails. I didn't make it to make the frame more stiff though - just to gain another couple inches of clearance under there, and have everything flush between the frame rails. I have almost 200,000 miles on mine, including a lot of hard off-road use, and have never had any frame problems.

I remember demello offroad sold frame bracing kits for tacomas years ago so people could strengthen their frames where they turned into c-channels under the bed above the rear wheels when people were messing them up that had extra weight on the back like tire-carriers and storage.
I bought a set from him and was going to use but ended up getting an fjcruiser instead of getting them welded on and sold that truck. This just reminded me I have those sitting somewhere in storage still wrapped up.

It might be worth shooting demello offroad a message and seeing what they say. They have been big into toyota offroad racing for years and make some great tough stuff. I would think they may have even fabbed something up for one of their fjc's or staff fjc's since it was/is a common platform used in the offroad world

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom