Central Florida - Independent Repairs Shops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All, I was wondering if anyone has recommendations on independent repair shops in the central Florida (Orlando) area. I have the christmas tree dash light syndrome and don't want to go to a stealership. Any help is much appreciated.
IMG_2494.JPG

Check the clubhouse area and post there. But the cruiser is really no different then any other vehicle when it comes to repairs. Any competent shop should be able to handle repairs.

You may just need to reset the zero-point calibration to get rid of those lights. If your ever heading Sarasota way look me up. I can show you hot to do it yourself. Pretty easy.
Have you read the codes yet?

I have not pulled the OBDII codes as I assumed the codes related to the brake system will not show and I don't have access to a tool that reads the brake ECU codes. I am sure I could jump the circuits and count the ABS flashes but I have not had a chance to do that yet. I also read that these lights together could be anything from an ABS wheel sensor to the alternator and anything in between. I have always handled any issues with the LC myself therefore I don't know any repair shops. In my late 20s, early 30s I restored an FJ40 and would spend every night after work in my garage. Those days have come to an end and I am not as eager as I used to be to jump into these projects. Plus this is my wife's vehicle so of course I had to drive it today and she is driving my new BMW. That is even more incentive for me to find a repair shop so I can get my car back.

I would recommend picking up one of the Techstream cable and software bundles from EBay or Amazon. It will show those codes, allow you to reset them, etc. And if you go that route using a newer computer find one of the web instruction sets for a 64-bit install and just follow that to a successful install (I'm running Techstream version 8.X on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet with the 64-bit version of Windows 10). Even though version 11 is out from Toyota, version 8 loads up the data streams just fine for the 27 (yes, count 'em 27) processors on a 2013 Prius v with the advanced technology package, and the wife's considerably less complicated 2014 FJ Cruiser. Well, and on my 2000 LX too - just used it (the tablet and Techstream) last weekend to flush brake fluid, including pushing new fluid through the LX's ABS unit.

I would recommend picking up one of the Techstream cable and software bundles from EBay or Amazon. It will show those codes, allow you to reset them, etc. And if you go that route using a newer computer find one of the web instruction sets for a 64-bit install and just follow that to a successful install (I'm running Techstream version 8.X on a Microsoft Surface Pro tablet with the 64-bit version of Windows 10). Even though version 11 is out from Toyota, version 8 loads up the data streams just fine for the 27 (yes, count 'em 27) processors on a 2013 Prius v with the advanced technology package, and the wife's considerably less complicated 2014 FJ Cruiser. Well, and on my 2000 LX too - just used it (the tablet and Techstream) last weekend to flush brake fluid, including pushing new fluid through the LX's ABS unit.

I apologize in advance for my ignorance, but will techstream run on a Mac? I have all Apple products in my house and business. I assume I could load an emulator. Are there other scan devices/sofware that you would recommend that work with Macs or Iphones/Ipads?

AFAIK, you would have to run windows inside the Mac environment. As to the other question, sorry, last Apple I used was the Mac back when it was an all-in-one with a tiny 9" B&W screen.

That's funny about the Apple all in one. I may have had the same one in the late 1980s. I don't even think it had a harddrive. I had to swap the floppy disks in an out and that is when the discs were still floppy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom