Center console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

uHu

Bridgeburner
Threads
This is the navigation screen and air/heating/cooling controls of a 2001 HDJ-100.
Can anyone tell me how this works? Is the navigation screen a separate unit, or tied up with the heating/cooling in some way? Can the nav/entertainment unit then be exchanged with something more modern?
This is all very different from what I've seen and know.
hdj100-2001-navJPG.JPG

AFAIK the picture shows a 2003 (11/2002 on) dash not a 2001, could be wrong though

100 TD - You're right

So uHu, is this the dash you are referring to, or are you referring to the 2001 dash?

EITHER WAY, both are the same setups (basically)

The screen is touchscreen, and you touch the "button" when you want to make a change with regards to the radio or climate system

i have a 02 and that is the next gen not a 01
I have a '01 and that is "newer vintage" than mine. I found a parts dealer that will sell the whole radio/ manual radio control (non nav) setup for $300. I would like to get rid of my nav and get a aftermarket Kenwood 8120 like I have in my Tundra. The thing that is holding me back is the fact that I'm not sure if you can just swap the two without any complications.

Wild guess, but if I remember correctly the 100s in Europe (uHu is in Norway) were much more like the LX470 than the LC. Hence, maybe the 2001 100 is a tad different from what we are used to state side.

As to his orginal question, I think TM answered it...

Bringing back this old thread I started while looking for a replacement for my written-off 2000.
I ended up with a 2004 without nav, like this:
attachment.php

Now I'm looking to install a Kenwood or somthing like this t0yo universal as a replacement.
I have searched but not found any examples of others doing it on this model. Would be nice if I didn't have to invent the wheel all the way. Think I remember reading somwhere about a fascia made to fit for some model, but can't find anything now. Any pointers/hints/ideas/opinions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom