Center Console (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
BJ70 experiencing major surgery and upgrade right now.

Was thinking about removing the factory backseat/ rear heater/center console and installing an aftermarket center console where you could actually store some stuff. Has anyone done this or know a center console that would work well. The E-brake seems to cut out the option of a Wrangler center console. Thoughts or suggestions are appreciated:cheers:

Your kind of limited by the room between the seats.
1st Thing you would have to do is install one of those fork lift truck style handbrake levers that hangs off the dash providing there is room.

Personally I find the existing box adequate,but when its full,the 70 series dash is shaped like it was designed for storage:D

Consider a lock-box bolted to the floor in the back, rather than replacing the center-console. As has been said above, the space is just too narrow. Remember also that few aftermarket heaters will take advantage of the coolant lines, most of them are electric.

you may want to increase volume and at the same time use taller center console as arm rest. :eek: Am planning to do that on my 78 series coz the stock console is quite low offers no relief as an effective armrest.;p

Princess Auto has about half a dozen different coolant based heaters to choose from.

Karl

I'm going to strip off the plastic housing above the rear heater and put an ammo box on top of it. I'll still have the rear heater, more storage, and an effective armrest.

Craig.

I have modified a tuffy box for the center console on my 87 BJ70, and then bought a narrower tuffy box for my 89 BJ70 ragtop both worked fine and you get the cup holders :) Here is a link to pics of my 87 BJ70 with Tuffy box:

http://www.westcoastcruisers.org/WCCT_Tuffybox7x.html

I will post a pic of my 89BJ70 ragtop if I have one.

Cheers,

Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom