Issue with center AC vents and defrost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my new to me 1995 KZJ-78 has a bit of a strange AC issue going on. The AC blows cold but only out of the driver and passenger side vents but not the center. Air is coming out of the defrost vent just under the windshield. I think this might be what is causing condensation to build up as seen in the pic. The condensation is on the outside of the windshield. My guess is because I'm in humid Okinawa and cold air is coming from the defrost and cooling those parts of the windshield. I have no idea what could be going on but would appreciate any help.

348366080_1676798682781114_8593973865118514185_n.jpg

In my BJ74 it is not difficult to unscrew and remove various parts and panels that make up the dash. If you can, see of you can dismantle the center part to look at ducts and vents.

Didn't you already post about this in your other thread?

You need to get behind to the duct box and check the linkages to make sure all are connected properly. You will see what I mean once you get in behind there, as jblueridge has pointed out, it is not that difficult.

You have a flap that is not functioning as it should. It is primarily plastic parts, with metal linking rods. So it will be either one of those metal rods has come disconnected, or a plastic piece has broken, or there is some obstruction in there.

For all of these reasons, you need to get behind the dash and investigate the root cause. As I stated in your other thread, it is not difficult to do, and there are FSM's you can download from the resources section on mud for your prado if you do not already have one. Best of luck, post back with questions or with what you find. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom