Center Caps for a '97 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for a set of wheel centers for my '97 80. Are center caps from any other years (80 or 100) interchangeable? If not, where can I buy these aside from toyota? They're looking for $50+ for each cap!

Any help is appreciated.

You can find them on ebay (pretty regularly) or there are aftermarket ones (I have some and they don't fit as nice as the stock ones unless you dremmel away some material where the cap interfers with the lug washers) Also try SOR or ? - Ebay is cheapest.

95-97 All silver with gold Toyota logo
93-94 Silver outside, black center with silver(?) Toyota logo
Although both of these are from the same mould and can be painted to look like one another. Which, if you are buying used, you'll probably paint them anyway.

100 series will not work because:
A) They are different
B) See A

:flipoff2:

<<<"93-94 Silver outside, black center with silver(?) Toyota logo">>>

Gold as well.

Anybody paint these?

Just get a can of silver spray bomb and have at it?

Go to your local PepZone. They have a selection of "Import Color" spray paints. There's a silver one that's pretty close; I think it's a Nissan color, ironically enough.

Sand/scuff up the old ones, spray new paint. Let dry. Then, if you want, you can spray a few coats of gloss to keep them looking good & scratch-free longer.

I got all the stuff I needed at Walmart for 15 bucks (with enough left over to paint them again about 5 times). Hears what I used:

-Spray-on paint remover (sanding's for the birds, everything comes off clean as a wistle with remover and tooth brush)
-Can of Metallic Silver #2721
-Bottle Mettalic Gold (for emblem, little bottle of modeling paint)
-Detailing paint brush (get the fine-point good one)
-Clear coat

You'll be golden.

Rookie2

Junk,
I'll take one cap off of you if the price is right. How much?

Better to send him a PM...... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom