Center Cap Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Got my wheels powder-coated and the shop forgot to paint the center caps.

Is there a way to remove the center caps without taking off the wheel and damaging the cap or the wheel?

Also, anyone know the part number for black lugs?

1614395187202.jpeg

If it’s any consolation, I kind of like the way it looks with the unpainted cap and lugs.
I thought that too, then I saw this pic when hunting for storage/bike rack solutions and decided I reeeeally don't want chrome...

1614398097670.png

I could see it either way.. I’m not a black out the sun kind a guy when it comes to paint. although also not a huge fan of chrome. Something more dull but still contrasting would be my top pick.

@SQRRRL I assume you did those yourself? Were you able to pop off the center caps w/o taking the wheel off?

I forgot to mention, you need to order four of that part number. Each unit gives you a sufficient quantity of lug nuts (5) for one wheel. That wasn't immediately obvious on the parts ordering sites.

@SQRRRL I assume you did those yourself? Were you able to pop off the center caps w/o taking the wheel off?
The wheel must be taken off. It’s not a difficult task. Next time you do a tire rotation have them pop them off. I would not try to remove on the vehicle as you can possible scratch the shot out of your new PC wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom