CDN M101 Lid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brentbba

Former Golfer
Threads
Finally had enough to get a proper lid fabricated. Was about to just do a plain flat lid about a year ago and held off to have one done that mirrored the tub.

Glad I waited. Here are some rough first shots after I tucked it away in the garage. Pics were at dusk with not to much light in the garage.

I've got to prime and paint it now then install the weather stripping and it'll be fairly water tight.

Did the lid in two sections for several reasons - structural integrity, easier to fab and design like the beautiful AT Chaser at Adventure Trailer. It's 14 guage steel with 150 lb struts.
037.jpg
038.jpg
039.jpg

Nice...

Racks down the road to accommodate a tent later?

:beer:

Good job, looks stout enough to live up to the rest of the trailer.:beer:

Doing it in halves makes it a a much more practical DIY project for one guy. My dad would say that's what kids are for, but so far that still sounds way expensive to me;p

For a second, when I saw the pic from the end of the trailer, I thought it was going to open like wings. That would be crazy complex and probably still wouldn't satisfy my thirst for reach-over access.

I thought at one time a lid would be for me, but after taking our shakedown trip last fall, now I'm not so sure. But maybe I should think about more overhead space in the lid as the solution for all the brap that we tote along that sticks up?:confused:

Looks great! Timely too, I just started designing my lid in Sketchup last night. Thanks for more inspiration.

Got a picture of the hinges?

:cheers: Did I contribute to that lid? Nice Brent!

:cheers: Did I contribute to that lid? Nice Brent!

Yes! Proceeds from the sale of the ham radio out of the Miata went a long way to helping fund this!! :D

Nice lid :beer::beer::beer:

Do you have any shop drawings for it? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom