CDL Lights up (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.speedracer.ca
The CDL light on the dash lights up (lightly).

I'm thinking it is a grounding issue but not sure where to look.

When I press the CDL switch it lights up brightly and the lock engages. I depress the CDL switch - it disengages but the DASH light stays on but lighter colour.

I had a wire wear through causing the same problem.

A Little CDL Issue
I have a 1991 with cdl that stays on when I first bought it I had it towed home with the front drive shaft out of it already I fixed the battery cable and put new battery got unit running and driving it without front drive shaft in it but the cdl light stays on constantly I have now put front drive shaft back in it and still same issue when the cdl button is pressed the relay on driver side kick panel clicks and cdl light dims when on and brightens when off I’ve read quiet a few post maybe not enough could someone point me in the right direction

I would zero in on the indicator circuit. There is a sensor switch on the front of the transfer case near where the front drive shaft attaches. If you pull the connector off then the CDL indicator light should go off. If it stays on then there is a problem with the wiring. If the light goes off then the sensor switch can be removed and tested. They can be brought back to life or just replaced. There is a relatively cheap replacement available manufactured by Beck Arnley. You should be able to find the part number by searching the form for "sensor switch". Should find many threads. Check out @george_tlc website writeups about the sensor testing.

I would zero in on the indicator circuit. There is a sensor switch on the front of the transfer case near where the front drive shaft attaches. If you pull the connector off then the CDL indicator light should go off. If it stays on then there is a problem with the wiring. If the light goes off then the sensor switch can be removed and tested. They can be brought back to life or just replaced. There is a relatively cheap replacement available manufactured by Beck Arnley. You should be able to find the part number by searching the form for "sensor switch". Should find many threads. Check out @george_tlc website writeups about the sensor testing.

My brain was racing last night after reading all these different threads so I crawled underneath it with a flash light and found a black with tracer and green wire separated I was able to reroute where I could reattach wires now it will engage and desingage light goes on and off but will not move unless cdl is on so now I’ve got to check drive flanges also I found a sensor on drivers side lower transmission wires and loom go nowhere ran up over transmission not sure where that supposed to tie into

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom