CCOT HFS Bushing question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey there, just got my CCOT HFS suspension, its Thursday evening, I am looking at the instructions, and looking at the parts. I have 8 "thick collar" side bushings and 14 "thinner collar" side bushings. In the pictures and instructions, they all appear to have the same collar thickness. In the sales info they show what appears to be all the same side collar thickness and say they ship 24. I got 22 and really cant figure out where they go. I am ASSUMING the thick ones go on the perch (2x4), they say nothing about that. If anyone has recently installed this, where do they go and do you really have 2 extra thin wall bushings left? Thanks!

My guess is they sent you a couple of wrong ones. Around 8/80 the FJ40 leaf springs got about 1/4" wider. The HFS kits all seem to provide the same springs, so I assume the thicker shoulder bushings are to be used on later model Cruisers.

I would say to call them. you should have 16 bushings for the spring ends, and 8 for the perch to shackle mount.
I have spoken to them many times, they are very helpful with parts, body panels, their gear they sell etc.

I called again today. The deal is the 8 thicker collars go on the union of the leaf spring and the shackle. The others go on the factory perches and spring pins. Their instructions don't mention any of this. Next question to you all, would the washers they supply go under the hex heads bolts or between the shackles/perches spring pins and bushings? I am going to do an install instruction manual for this set and post it. I may do a video, but I am one person and the video would likely be bad as I wouldn't be able to get the right angle. I will try..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom