CBI Offroad 200 Series Front Bumper w/ Hoops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Richard,
I am looking at front bumpers. A few questions on the CBI, if you don't mind.

1. Does it need a light relocate?

2. How big of a winch will it hold, ie. 10K or 12K?

2.a. Does the bumper come with a winch bracket?

3. I assume, but will ask anyway, the lights do or do not come with it.

4. Did you do the install or have a shop do it? If you did it, what's the level of difficulty?

5. What's the lag time between orders and delivery?
Hi there,
So the round factory fogs get deleted. You can add your own square style lighting from Rigid or Baja, etc. Rigid is nice because they make an adaptor that plugs into factory harness.

I am running a Warn Zeon 12, but I had to relocate the control pack. You’ll want a winch that the controls are offset or relocatable. No bracket needed.

I worked with a local shop here to get the install. It’s certainly possible to do at home, we used an engine hoist to make it easier. You’ll need three people otherwise. We didn’t have instructions so there was some guesswork, but overall you can do it in a day, no problem. I believe the instructions have now been created too.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any answers in order wait times, I would call them and ask. If you have a deadline, they may be able to meet it.

I have been very much enjoying the bumper and it’s held up well.
BDDE3D0B-32EA-4564-9E09-56914C6D0A73.jpeg

31BB2D6C-24B6-48CB-A41C-C71A9167D9C6.jpeg

Hi there,
So the round factory fogs get deleted. You can add your own square style lighting from Rigid or Baja, etc. Rigid is nice because they make an adaptor that plugs into factory harness.

I am running a Warn Zeon 12, but I had to relocate the control pack. You’ll want a winch that the controls are offset or relocatable. No bracket needed.

I worked with a local shop here to get the install. It’s certainly possible to do at home, we used an engine hoist to make it easier. You’ll need three people otherwise. We didn’t have instructions so there was some guesswork, but overall you can do it in a day, no problem. I believe the instructions have now been created too.

Unfortunately, I don’t have any answers in order wait times, I would call them and ask. If you have a deadline, they may be able to meet it.

I have been very much enjoying the bumper and it’s held up well. View attachment 2595156
View attachment 2595158
Thanks for the info.

I like the lower profile.

ARB's are sort of the norm after market bumper here in the Dallas area and are no doubt a quality product but dang they are like a piece of furniture on the front of LC.

I have a Ranch Hand on the front of my F150 that has saved me twice from dingbats in parking lots, both times not even leaving a scratch on my bumper and massive gouges on their cars. So a steel bumper with wildlife hoops are a worthwhile investment in my book.

How big of a hit did you take on the MPG's?

Great looking bumper, and I agree on all points made against the ARB. Front head on, it looks great, from the side I am always shocked how far out it projects.

It drives me crazy that companies like CBI can make a product like this that drastically changes the look of your vehicle, and do not provide any pictures on their website of the bumper installed. I would want to see detailed photos of the installed bumper from all angles before I would take the leap on something like this! Come on CBI!

Thanks for the info.

ARB's are sort of the norm after market bumper here in the Dallas area and are no doubt a quality product but dang they are like a piece of furniture on the front of LC.

I have a Ranch Hand on the front of my F150 that has saved me twice from dingbats in parking lots, both times not even leaving a scratch on my bumper and massive gouges on their cars. So a steel bumper with wildlife hoops are a worthwhile investment in my book.

I’ve never paid attention to MGP. I’ll only add I am running medium springs up front and do not have a noticeable nosedive or loss in height as I was anticipating.

Is the bumper airbag compliant?

Great looking bumper, and I agree on all points made against the ARB. Front head on, it looks great, from the side I am always shocked how far out it projects.
ARB's are that size for a reason. They are designed to absorb and deflect energy in a real crash, just like your stock equipment, all while shrugging off lower speed off-road impacts. You need a bumper that stands off from the vehicle in order to achieve that. You also need one with plenty of room to move, without touching body panels.

Nothing against CBI, there's definitely a place for low-profile bumpers. Just don't expect them to perform in the same way.

Thanks for the info.

Sorry just got mine and CBI doesnt supprort. What lights did you use for fog lights? Part number and harness. Thanks

Sorry just got mine and CBI doesnt supprort. What lights did you use for fog lights? Part number and harness. Thanks
I went with ABR. I talked pretty extensively with Rob (Taco to Cruiser) who swayed me on their crush cans and quality of construction.

As to lights, I went with the baja designs LP6. That was kind of a cost decision. They work very well so far, no issues and light the way. Once I turn them off, the OEM lights seem dim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom