CBI Offroad 200 Series Front Bumper w/ Hoops (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First trip with the new CBI front bumper. I am very happy with the build quality and styling. Having hoops was important to me running tighter east coast trails.
50F3CDB5-E38A-45D8-AE72-329DD4CFFB5C.jpeg

DE446636-ABD5-4857-B1F4-C05C0832136A.jpeg

1B2B6BAA-EA0C-435C-9048-5F7192421FFE.jpeg

5806474D-5A69-4EFA-B9B3-E111692A7966.jpeg

C60252C9-1223-445B-81B6-9EF2A213342C.jpeg

I like it. Lower profile than ARB. Do you think it would sustain a mule deer collision?

I like it. Lower profile than ARB. Do you think it would sustain a mule deer collision?
Yes, it’s got a great profile. The hoops are very beefy. This is a steel bumper and I would expect it to do well in a animal collision.

Looks great. What size KO2s are those?
Thanks, I appreciate it. I went with the tried and true 285/70s with a C load rating. My goal with those tires and Rock Warriors was to keep the un-sprung weight down as low as possible. I haven’t drawn any conclusions other than rotating the tires is a lot easier than my last rig (35s on Hutchinson beadlocks).

that is really nice. I wonder if this would fit nicely on the early LX

that is really nice. I wonder if this would fit nicely on the early LX

yes, I know CBI makes one for the early LX, but I like the full hoop on this one

Looks good! I've been debating bars or no bars and this is the first 200 i've seen since CBI added the option for the hoops. 👍

Looks good! I've been debating bars or no bars and this is the first 200 i've seen since CBI added the option for the hoops. 👍

Thanks, I figured people would want to see it rather than the CAD drawing online. Their low profile bumper is so flush with the body it was hard to envision what the hoops would be linked, but I’m really happy with it. I used to have a 4Runner w/o and exploded a lamp at really low speed on a tree. $$$ mistake. The hoops themselves are more robust than I expected as well. Cheers!

Looks the bees knees. Would you consider adding limb risers? To me that's one of the things I would use the hoop for, but don't see too many folks doing that.

Looks the bees knees. Would you consider adding limb risers? To me that's one of the things I would use the hoop for, but don't see too many folks doing that.

They certainly look cool, but I’ve only been in a situation where I could have used them once... it was in TN and we got detoured on an ATV trail... my truck WAS black. Ha.

Hoops can be used to mount your Hi-Lift or radio antennas too.

Please let me know if you’re around Knoxville area, would really like to see it in person. It looks great and doesn’t protrude out as much as the ARB

Did you have to cut any of the factory bumper or molding or is it a full replacement?

Yes, you have to cut the factory bumper. I actually need to trim mine more, I popped some of the clips the other weekend running some trails. Forgive me if this is obvious, but when you bolt armor to the frame it will bend and flex independently from the body. When the armor butts up to inflexible pieces of the body (like the headlamps or tail lights) it can cause them to crack. Now with some careful fabrication, some manufacturers have perfected the gap needed for full replacement, so I don’t want to say never.

Please let me know if you’re around Knoxville area, would really like to see it in person. It looks great and doesn’t protrude out as much as the ARB

I don’t have a trip to Knoxville planned in 2020. I had to miss GSMTR with work, but will be back at Windrock a couple of times in 2021 if that helps you.

I don’t have a trip to Knoxville planned in 2020. I had to miss GSMTR with work, but will be back at Windrock a couple of times in 2021 if that helps you.
Windrock is only 30mins from me and would give me an excuse to get the LC dirty.

Richard,
I am looking at front bumpers. A few questions on the CBI, if you don't mind.

1. Does it need a light relocate?

2. How big of a winch will it hold, ie. 10K or 12K?

2.a. Does the bumper come with a winch bracket?

3. I assume, but will ask anyway, the lights do or do not come with it.

4. Did you do the install or have a shop do it? If you did it, what's the level of difficulty?

5. What's the lag time between orders and delivery?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom