CB antenna mount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ginericLC

Wagon Wheeler!
Threads
That is the infamous "Bandi" mount fabbed up in the mind of a user named Bandi over on another FJ Cruiser only forum.

He got so many orders for them he could not keep up, and sold the rights to All Pro who now is producing them.

I have serial #6 made by Bandi before he stopped making them.
I think Bandi made around 30 units or so until he sold the patent to All Pro.

main.jpg

Very ingenious mount, works perfect, and all you do is push out a pice of plastic that was there, and insert the Bandi mount and a bolt and nylock nut.

Walcott CB is even selling a complete package with that mount, the Cobra 75 unit, and an antenna called the Big Bill package.
Bill is a member over there too that did a big writeup on installing all of the above, and now Walcott carries the whole setup that he installed in his FJ.

Walcott CB is even selling a complete package with that mount, the Cobra 75 unit, and an antenna called the Big Bill package.
Bill is a member over there too that did a big writeup on installing all of the above, and now Walcott carries the whole setup that he installed in his FJ.

Excellent, will have to get that. I did not realize that Walcott sold the Bandi now. I am running with a handheld and a magnetic mount as a stopgap presently until I get up the gumption for the wiring run inherent to a permanent install.

http://www.walcottcb.com/product_info.php?cPath=284_288&products_id=1091

Boy you guys rate. Manufacturers are even making custom bolt on CB antenna mounts for your FJs. I'm Jealous!

well with as hard as its been to get love from some members of the cruiser community (not necessarily you) we need the love from the manufacturers. ;) but in all honesty this is the advantage of owning anew vehicle that fits into the mainstream offraod market segement. i dont think theres too many ppl that would go for this type of thing even in the FJc niche, but i bet theres even less that are lookin to put somthing like this on a new Land Cruiser.:flipoff2:

Bandi Mount is definately the way to go!

Ditto on the Bandi Mount. I had to get mine thru AllPro. Works great and looks like it belongs there.

http://www.walcottcb.com/product_info.php?cPath=284_288&products_id=1091

Boy you guys rate. Manufacturers are even making custom bolt on CB antenna mounts for your FJs. I'm Jealous!

Someday I will need to get me one of those... ;)...

:idea:

I did actully get one from All-Pro in Dec., since I sold all the
ones I made, well except for the prototype... Anything can
be manufactured for any vehicle, as long as there is a
market for it, and a design that works... Someday we will
have a disco setup too... ;)...

Someday we will
have a disco setup too... ;)...
I should be working on that this weekend.
Replacing my headliner lamp with a huge disco ball :D

He he he, hopefully doing a aux. fusebox under the hood, 2 x 12v outlets in the back.
I need a live 12v power source for my ARB fridge I picked up a few weeks back.

I should be working on that this weekend.
Replacing my headliner lamp with a huge disco ball :D

He he he, hopefully doing a aux. fusebox under the hood, 2 x 12v outlets in the back.
I need a live 12v power source for my ARB fridge I picked up a few weeks back.

Corey,

I've done mine over the last couple of weekends (with a lot of help from friends). Now there's a fuse panel under the passenger kickplate, my phone charger, 4 IPF lights, and my CB are all wired up and working. The CB antenna is on a bandi mount. I'll snap some pics when I can and post up somewhere.

Sounds good Heather.
I ordered the fuse taps from here
http://www.gizmos-gadgets.com/product_info.php/products_id/99'

fuse_tap.jpg

However I have a change of plans now.
I ordered one of those aux boxes
http://www.northeastmarineelectronics.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2750

Going to try to at least get the box mounted under the hood, and if time a friend will help on the two 12v plugs in the back.

Here is where he put his plugs, we will do the same.

PowerOutlets.jpg

The bandi has not installed his bandimount yet :D

I just realized too above my picture changed, it no longer shows your mount.
That file name points to a picture I rotate on the front end of my website.

So without further ado, I represent the bandimount.

11.jpg

You will like the aux. box, it is top quality.

:doh:
I just received mine in too... Now need time to
start setting it up... Heck, I still need to get my
bandimount installed... :lol:

Wow. Installing that Bandi mount is a pain. Seriously, popping off an exposed piece of plastic and tightening one nut can take an entire minute. You better get to work. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom