catalytic converter recycling? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mr Cimarron

DRIVE, BREAK, FIX, REPEAT
SILVER Star
Threads
Are cats worth anything anymore? I took a load of scrap to CMC Recycling this morning but they said they consider them scrap so I didn't throw them off the truck.

Waiting on PGM to call me back. American Recycling said they need to see them but sounded like a few dollars each so that isn't really worth the effort. Probably just throw them in with the next scrap run.

Take them to Austin Metal and Iron downtown. I took a bunch of scrap and 4 cats to them a few months ago. They will give you some decent coin for the cats, but they will thoroughly check them to make sure they aren't hollow.

Take them to Austin Metal and Iron downtown. I took a bunch of scrap and 4 cats to them a few months ago. They will give you some decent coin for the cats, but they will thoroughly check them to make sure they aren't hollow.
Cool. Thats close enough to work to make it worth it.

Went by Austin Metal during lunch and they gave me $3 each for the 80 series cats. With the $6 plus another $5 for the old battery I sold I was able to pay for lunch.

Hmmmm...I got around $15 each, but perhaps they were in better shape? Either way, glad you at least got something for them

Yeah 80 series cats were pretty small compared to the rest in their pile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom