Cat protection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Took the LX450 out to Disney this weekend to play on the rocks. Took the running boards off first - looks much better not to mention the gain in clearance. Anyway, after pulling the running boards off, it became readily apparent that the cats hang awfully low. Seems like they'd be better off rotated 90 deg. Is there a good way to get them up out of harms way, or do I just skid plate them?

Thanks,

Heath

Some have done the 90 degree rotation thing. Best way to protect them and the rocker panels is to get sliders from Ken Hanna - www.hannaquality.com.

I have slee's sliders - www.sleeoffroad.com and am very happy with them. I've used them on very tough trails and have slammed them on everything from moab slickrock to rubicon granite and have had not problems. On slee's sliders, there's a bar that runs under the cats -- between them, actually. It's provided enough protection for me. That said, it's hard to argue with the fact that Hanna's sliders have a steel plate "cradle" integrated to cover the cats.

I'm pro 90 degree rotation. My wife thought I lifted the truck when it came back from the muffler shop. I don't have sliders yet but this mod is one of the best I've done. Cheap and effective.

Guess I'll have to incorporate a cat protector into my sliders. I'm building my own. I just can't see spending a grand delivered for them. Not that they're not worth it, I just want to build my own.

Anyone who rotated them 90 see any heat issues?

No heat issues here.

how much did the 90 degree mod. cost you?, if you dont mind me asking

i did the cut and turn mod awhile ago was getting my exhaust done any ways. the guy charged me $20 to do the cut and turn part.

mike

cost me $35 for two cuts and two welds.

"Took the LX450 out to Disney this weekend to play on the rocks."

Huh? There are rocks at Disney???

I think that's Disney, OK.

NorCalDoug said:
I think that's Disney, OK.

Yes, Disney, OK. Down below the Grand Lake Damns - fun area - it's been in a couple of 4wd mags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom