Cascade Cruisers - Club Chat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

"In with the new, out with the old!" (Free tires further down in the post!)...

Looks like I'm going to miss coming up from Eugene for the club meeting this evening. But some of you saw the load of new tires/wheels I had in the back of Beastly at the June meeting. So I wanted to share a pic of how it turned out. They're BFG-KO2 295/75's, on 16" wheels, with 1/4" spacers all around... About 33.4" tall. (The previous setup was BFG-KO 32x11.5's on 15's, at about 31.4" tall, actual)...

Here's what it looks like now... And halfway through the process, with just the fronts switched out...
IMG_4656.jpg
IMG_4633.jpg

The darn spare is now just a bit too large (with the hitch receiver I have on Beastly) to get the spare under... so roof-mount for now, and I'm aiming to fabricate a rear swing-out for the spare, later this summer.

And I'm giving away the original tires and wheels free to a good home. You can see them at this 'Mud posting...
So, if you're interested or know someone who is, get in contact with me via DM here on 'Mud, and we'll figure something out.

Hope the meeting goes well, and I'll look for where you all might be going this Saturday for the club event, and maybe see about coming up for that.

Best to you all,
Tom

Last edited:
Is there a run planned tomorrow, July 17? Checked Facebook, but didn't see any details. Might try to come up depending on location, destination.

This chat thread looks like it's gotten a little quiet. Just the same, it was good to reconnect with a couple of ya and meet some new cruiser heads at yesterday's meet and greet. Can't make it Saturday, but look forward to meeting up again soon.

This chat thread looks like it's gotten a little quiet. Just the same, it was good to reconnect with a couple of ya and meet some new cruiser heads at yesterday's meet and greet. Can't make it Saturday, but look forward to meeting up again soon.
A little quiet is an understatement! LOL!

It was great to see you again. Glad you made it out and I look forward to seeing you next month.

Way to bring it back before we hit 1 year of radio silence.

What is everyone up to? Is there somewhere else everyone is chatting about local stuff or is it simply all quiet on the western front.
I currently have too many projects in the pit of despair phase and am feeling unmotivated. Anyone want to come buy a bunch of projects!

Way to bring it back before we hit 1 year of radio silence.

What is everyone up to? Is there somewhere else everyone is chatting about local stuff or is it simply all quiet on the western front.
I currently have too many projects in the pit of despair phase and am feeling unmotivated. Anyone want to come buy a bunch of projects!
Right? LOL!

I moved to Canby. Still have the gray truck with all the plans and I picked up a 200-Series... Now I just need to get my new space set up so I can work on things again.

I moved out of town to Tumalo. The new place a shop with a lift so it is a lot harder to explain why I have made no progress on my vehicles. I still have my GX and diesel 80. I picked up a roller 60 and 55 a couple years ago but haven't made any progress on them.
My son decided that a fixer upper Porsche 924 was a great project for us and I love the idea of a father son project so I jumped at the chance. A couple weeks ago I bought 3 of them off a guy thinking I would have parts cars but after very little tinkering I got the two parts cars running and driving. I am thinking of selling them to finance the rest of my schemes.

If anyone wants a FJ60 in baskets and boxes shoot me a PM for details.

Also if anyone wants a running 1977 Porsche 924 Martini Rossi special race edition or a running 1980 Porsche 924 turbo I will make them a great deal. They are both rough projects but super high on the $/smile. These cars are a bit of a PITA because of goofy German engineering and low parts availability but all the folks here that work on older FJs know about waiting on parts. With that said there are not many other cars that consistently sell for $10k+/- that are this much fun.

They both are running now but here are the pics from the trailer.
The onyx green turbo had the interior removed and the interior is all piled up. I think they were planning to make a track car or do some restoration work. I bolted the seats back in and drove it around to town and back a few times. Lots of fun and starts and runs good every time. Someone had started sanding on the paint on the top also so that needs attention before it gets rust and it looks bad.

The 77 martini is running really rough at the moment. The Kjet mechanical fuel injection and the previous owners attempt to get it running has left it really out of tune but I did drive it around our circle driveway. I think 2 of the injectors need a new o-ring. Whoever had it last put the plug wires on in a backwards rotation and then messed with all kinds of stuff to try to get it to run. The stock electric fan doesn't seem to be coming on as it comes up to temp so I would recomend driving it onto a trailer to get it home unless it is real close here in central Oregon.

20230401_163645.jpg

20230401_185838.jpg

You are certainly welcome to come work on mine any time you want. I am struggling with it because there is tons of PO wiring and mods on top of an unfamiliar system. There is literally a jumper wire from the coil and another wire from somewhere under the dash that go to the cold start injector. I have no idea what that is about.

Anyone alive on here?
I got jack done on most of my projects this summer.
I got the front axle rebuilt on my Samurai and my 80.
A semi changed lanes without looking and totaled my GX. Now I am looking for a mall cruiser LX or GX but everyone seems to want a mint, even the ones that are so rusty the paint is the only thig holding them together.

I hope everyone had a great summer.

Most chatter for Cascade Cruisers is on Facebook these days.

That said, I see 100s on local CL for reasonable prices from time to time.

Last edited:
FYI,
I have a 1983 FJ60 basket case that I bought and am fixing up. I don't think I am going to keep this one so it will be/is for sale but I am not posting ads anywhere yet. I just got the engine in it this week and will be working on getting it running soon. I will also be getting all the parts cleaned out of it so I can clean up the interior shortly after that. If anyone is looking for a project 60 please let me know.

20240127_153412.jpg

20240129_102925.jpg

20240129_102934.jpg

FYI,
I have a 1983 FJ60 basket case that I bought and am fixing up. I don't think I am going to keep this one so it will be/is for sale but I am not posting ads anywhere yet. I just got the engine in it this week and will be working on getting it running soon. I will also be getting all the parts cleaned out of it so I can clean up the interior shortly after that. If anyone is looking for a project 60 please let me know.

View attachment 3554065

View attachment 3554066

View attachment 3554068
Wish I had the time and space for a 60.

Wish I had the time and space for a 60.
ME TOO!!!
I need to get this 60 running and sold so I can get my FJ55 into my shop. In early march The Fit Garage here in Bend is going to be dropping a 3B with H55 into it and I need to get some prep done on it before and then get some work on it afterwards so I can be rolling coal, pig style.

IMG951149.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom