Carburetor Problem?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Have a 83 FJ60, running poorly under load, when I have to give full or even half throttle going up a gradual incline on the highway. The truck has all emissions and the carb was rebuilt by Jim C by the previous owner in the past year. I replaced the fuel pump 3 weeks ago, that fixed it but now it is acting up again. Am thinking a vacuum problem to the carb not allowing the secondary to open up. Can anyone give me some pointers on how to check this? Another theory is that the carb is running to lean maybe, but I read that adjusting the mixture screw only affects idle mixture. I leaned it out last weekend due to heavy gas smell at idle and hard starting and it seemed to help. Could I have leaned it out to much? One last question, I want to change all the vacuum lines, have read here and there that it helps. Does any one know of a good source for decent vacuum lines, what sizes I would need, and how much? Thanks for any help.

1. Replace fuel filter lately ?

2. Vac lines leaking can cause your symptoms too
...35 feet of 3 mm
...few feet of 'larger' , e.g., pvc valve line, brake booster, etc

I found OEM vac lines at Toyotapartscheap.com (sorry I don't know how to link) 3mm comes in 600mm lengths or almost 24" retail is $1.83 I believe but they have it for $1.46 which is a great deal you can do your truck for about $25. just enter the part No. 90999-92003. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom