Carb Problems! Carb Rebuild 101 please! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi All:

!Muchos gracias, Senor!

Regards,

Alan

Hi All:

O.K., after Jim's suggestions I decided to plunge in!

On Saturday I removed the gas tank (damn plastic replacement tanks!) and poured out the fuel; lots of "paint chips" from the interior coating of those old Jerry cans!

I rinsed the tank out three times until no more debris came out, then moved onto the carburator. I looked at the carb section in my 2F FSM and the diagrams did not mention any bowl drains; Not wanting to screw things-up, I just removed the feed and return lines and blasted them with carb cleaner. I also blasted the interior of the carb with the spray cleaner.

Well, I drove the rig up some steep hills yesterday and today and it seems to be running well, with no stumbling or hestitation. So, hopefully the issue has been dealt with! I will need to drive it some more to rule out any further issues.

It seems that perhaps these "paint chips" were getting sucked into the fuel system, and once the fuel demand got high enough, would clog the pump or carb?

Thanks everyone for their suggestions!

Alan

Weber 38 Problems

Hi all, I am new to this site, and have found alot of very useful information. I have a 77 FJ40 with a DUI dizzy and have just installed a Weber 38 with headers. When I start up the truck, it will idle just fine. when I rev the throttle, it just dies. I don't know wether I am getting too much fuel or not enough. Another thing is after I rev the throttle and right before it dies I have fuel vapor and mist come back through the top of the carb. Any suggestions??

Hi "TheGunny"

Welcome to MUD; I won't give you the semi-official salute b/c I don't approve of it.

I'm sorry, but your post would be considered a "hijack" of the thread! :D
I understand your fustration with your fuel problem, very much! :mad:

There are lots of things to look at in your situation; fuel volume, spark, timing, exhaust leaks, and so on! I hate to say it, but your rig has a sort of "hodge-podge" of different aftermarket parts on it, which makes it a bit more difficult to sort out the problems.

So, what was the first 4x4 you drove? Mine was a M1008 at Camp Swampy back in 1987! :grinpimp:

Regards,

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom