Carb fan fixes (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a question about the green connector. It has two wires but then there is a third orange wire. What is that orange wire connected too? Any pics?

the tech photo above with the 3rd orange wire is sadly a example of a jerry rig of some unknown origin or purpose ?

only focus o n the tech in the red circle and its reference to where the thermo switch bracket bolts under the manifolds

the harness side LH fender mounted location 2 wire green connector above is 100% correct for ANY 1/79-9/87 2F engine / 2 wire fuel cut solenoid ...........

fyi , since we on the TECH. Topic here in TECH. : :)

- My 2 wire 1/79 - 9/87 2F OEM JAPAN made FCS / Fuel CUT Solenoid comes with pre-installed ( of course ) with the 100% period Correct 2 pin male splash proof connector , correctly polarized as well / the b+ key on signal in the correct terminal bay and the dedicated Ground NEG - wire signal to the other correct terminal Bay

- my FCS is also loomed / wrapped with 100% fire rated / fire proof JIS cloth weaved looming jacket , exactly like thew originals were

- comes with a factory aluminum updated CRUSH RING Washer Gasket also ........

- Failure to install a new one or one at all will simply cause a fuel seep and or leak under pressure sooner rather then later in the short term and nobody wants this scenario , i hope ?

- NOTE : ANY 2F Carburetor 1/75-9/87 application CAN update and or UPGRADE to the Later Correct 2 Wire FCS , providing they have the HARNESS Side Mating Matching Profile Connector Housing , so of RIGHT NOW , ALL 2 Wire FCS 's i offer and ship out NOW come with the Correct 2 Wire Connector Housing , Black rubber back end plug or seal boot , and 3 female Solid Brass Terminals / one added for practice and or a mis-crimp

- i am not aware of any Vendors of any kind Globally that can and do offer a
NEW & Period Correct Part # 21062-61060 Fuel Cut Idle Solenoid ?

Last edited:
73E3E28D-27F8-414D-BE33-22E592553C77.jpeg
C28ED7C8-F540-47E6-A02B-C37B36536423.jpeg

Hi- I think I have a bad themistor (not sure if that’s the correct part name.) for the cooler fan on a 88 FJ62. I ran the truck for 30 minutes and the fan didn’t turn on when I shut the truck off. I tested this part in hot water and using a lighter to heat it up, but there was no continuity between the post and the other end. I can bypass this part and activate the fan. is this part available anywhere or do I just need to permanently bypass to a ground? Thank you, Tom

802C2621-92ED-4800-9AC1-7EC212DA1D1A.jpeg

That part is long gone. There was a thread where someone found an aftermarket substitute that seemed to work well. That or good used if you want to keep it tied to manifold temp.

I think it closes at about 180* or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom