Can't get into remote programming (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The vehicle, a 2003 Sahara 1HD-FTE imported from Australia, only came with 1 key when I bought it - a master key, nothing else. According to the leaflet that came with it there was a separate key fob for remote central locking (which I don't have). I've followed the instructions below (with no functioning fob), disconnecting 1 and both batteries, but nothing happens.

I've read through every topic on this on the forum and other forums, tried every method but the vehicle just won't go into remote programming mode.

There is an aftermarket remote central locking unit that is wired in below the ECU behind the glove box. I tried unplugging the receiver and CL units and trying again but that doesn't help. Do you think it's possible something was disabled when they did this? Is there a way to check?

Toyodiy looks like the receiver is in the drivers side D pillar, but I'll need to remove my drawer system to get the trim off to find it, which I only want to do as a last resort.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! Or any Aussies with the same model / issue still awake...

IMG_E3171.JPG

IMG_E3169.JPG

IMG_E3170.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom