Events/Trails Cancer Survivor to Challenge Baja 500 with Lexus SUV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't know if I missed it but what class what it in?

Stock Full

stock production-full size utility vehicles

Awesome, great job! Who was the competition?

No one when the truck's built by Geiser Bros.! From what I understand he was the only one in his class to finish also... Tells us a little something about Toyota reliability. Hope to see more Toyotas other than pickups racing desert soon because of this too.

I borrowed this pic from RDC... NICE TRUCK!!!
Baja%20500%202009%20059.jpg

sweet! what a great cause as well...

bk

STOCK FULL (Stock, Full-sized trucks)—1. Joe Bacal, Anthem, Ariz./Paul Williamsen, Los Alamitos, Calif./Ted Moncure, Long Beach, Calif., Lexus LX570, 16:22:26 (26.41mph).
(3 Starters, 1 Finisher)

Pro Cars & Trucks
SCORE TROPHY-TRUCK (Unlimited Production Trucks)—1. Robby Gordon, Charlotte, N.C., Chevy CK1500, 8:35:49 (50.309mph);

I love it. a man with with a GX I am also thinking about turning my rig rig into a racer/ trail vehilce. Lexus rocks!!!! :cool:

Sweet truck, my only question is, why go with a Lexus instead of a regular Toyota 200 LC? if they were going to strip it down anyway.

Got some info about the race and the truck.

They were the only one to finish in their class, but not only that, they didn't even stop to change a wheel. The only stops were scheduled, to fuel, and one stop to clean out the air filter. Pretty amazing stuff.

JTGrey says that they used OME springs with King shocks. The front shocks were the ones offered for the Tundra, and the rears were custom.

The wheels are TRDs 17" offering, with 35" x 12.5" BFG BAJAs. There was 1" cut from the front fender and they were rolled as well to make room. No spacers or anything else.

Other than those mods, the truck got a roll cage and huge gas tank. Most of the back was stripped, but the dash and wood grain was put back in.

A bunch of questions about a Lexus...this was Lexus' first ever truck to be used in Off road racing. The driver had worked with Toyota/Lexus on product testing, so I guess his relationship with them convinced them to use a Lexus.

Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. Just thought I would share the info I found.

2nd place at Baja 1000!!! not bad at all... congrats Joe!!!

STOCK FULL (Stock, Full-sized trucks)–
1. Chad Hall//Rod Hall, Reno, Nev., Hummer H3, 22:48:40 (29.50 mph)
2. Joe Bacal, Anthem, Ariz./Gerald King, Peoria, Ariz./Paul Williamsen, Los Alamitos, Calif., Lexus LX570, 27:06:39;
3. Justin Matney, Bristol, Tenn./Clyde Stacy, Bristol, Va./William Aylor, Union, Ky., Dodge Ram2500, 27:27:01;
4. Kent Kroeker, Valley Center, Calif./Jeremy Graczyk, Atkinson, N.H./Rudy Iribe, San Diego, Dodge Ram2500, 28:00:23.

but the lx570 comes with irs doesnt it?

nevermind, i just checked again, i dont know why, but before, on the lexus website it said it was irs. that confused the s*** out of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom