can spare wheel be another size with a spare tire to match (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ordered 17 inch wheels and 265 70 r17 tires what about the spare
Can I add a tire to an 18 inch wheel i already have as a spare. It does not have to be identical right

These are full time 4WD vehicles so the spare needs to be the same size as the tires on the truck. The spare wheel diameter can be different so long as the diameter of the tire is the same or at extreme most within 0.2" of them.

If you're not rotating your spare into use on a regular basis, you will end up with a situation where the spare is a different (larger) diameter than your other tires. If the difference is great enough, it could cause problems. I'm not sure how much of a difference there needs to be to create issues with the drivetrain.

If you're not rotating your spare into use on a regular basis, you will end up with a situation where the spare is a different (larger) diameter than your other tires. If the difference is great enough, it could cause problems. I'm not sure how much of a difference there needs to be to create issues with the drivetrain.
Is rotating all 5 tires a normal GX 460 service ?

Is rotating all 5 tires a normal GX 460 service ?

It depends on your mechanic. I have a good one who made a permanent note in my file to always to a 5-wheel rotation when they rotate the tires. Probably in your best interest to request it every time you get your tires rotated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom