Can I use an ab60f from a tundra or sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The interchange is different on junkyard computers but it should work, right ? I have a sequoia engine in my Land Cruiser so the transmission plug in no problem ?

I don't have an answer for you, but having owned both a Tundra and two 200 series land cruisers, I can say that they drive completely differently. The gearing seems very different. As to whether it would bolt up to the engine block, most likely. I wouldn't even speculate beyond that.

I don't have an answer for you, but having owned both a Tundra and two 200 series land cruisers, I can say that they drive completely differently. The gearing seems very different. As to whether it would bolt up to the engine block, most likely. I wouldn't even speculate beyond that.
Good point, I didn’t even think about the gear ratios. It’s terrible that finding a transmission is so difficult for the 200 series while tundra transmissions are everywhere

I’m curious how your cruiser got to the point of needing an engine and transmission…

I’m curious how your cruiser got to the point of needing an engine and transmission…
Well, I have a dealers license so I bought one off of iaai.com

Peddle (cash for clunkers) was selling it through iaai so that should’ve been my first red flag. Iaai said it ran and drove. Apparently there was an oil leak that I didn’t see so it ran out of oil on my first test drive, seizing the motor.

I swapped in a sequoia engine and everything was going well until I was having transmission issues a few months later. I only have gears 1-3. I made a post about this awhile back but no one can figure out this issue.

I’m at a point where I need my LC working ASAP so I’m just going to swap in another transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom