Can I tell the color of an 80 by the VIN# and a few other ?'s (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
On the worlds longest FZJ80 hunt, still. Each day I look at various internet sites for new listings in a few nearby states. During the past 3 weeks I twice had plane tickets in my hand to travel to Cali to buy two different cruisers, each time I missed them by a day or two as they had sold before I could get there. Major dissapointment!

When looking at online ads, often times the vehicle color is not listed or there are no pics. Also, it's hard for me to tell in some pics if the vehicle is green or black versus blue or grey... the former two Im not interested in.

Can I tell the color of the 80 by the VIN#? Example: JT3DJ81W4R0048375

Also, is there anything else I can tell from looking at the VIN? I realize a VIN can be read by a toyota dealer to see what options it came with but is there anything I can see on my own without a dealer lookup.

Regards,
Larry

Larry,

There is little you can learn from the vin other than year model (10th digit) Your example is a '94.

When I'm at work you can PM a vin to me and I can "run" it for you.

D-

Cdan,

Thanks for the reply and thanks for the checks you've already ran for me! I appreciate your help more than you know!

I was on a site recently...can't find it now, but it described every part of the LC VIN. Color code and everything...just can't find it...anyone know what I'm talking about?

That was a post by Drexx on this forum but you don't get much more information than you already know. 1FZ-FE engine, left hand drive, VX trim level. All US 80s have these.

The interior and exterior color, tranny, and axle codes are on the inside of the door but not part of the VIN.
-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom