Camping tips learned from CSC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Props to @Saddletramp for schooling me in the ways of leveling the truck to improve sleep. I put this to use in Wyoming last week:

upload_2018-7-15_14-43-15.png

Last edited:
Good skill to develop!:bounce:

If you have lockers it helps a lot to be locked front & rear and in low range to keep the rocks under the tires and not shooting out during the climb.

This must be the smallest campsite I ever used - just a bare spot on the side of a road in Colorado.
DSC05795-small.jpg
DSC05796-small.jpg

Along the road to Rice Peak
IMG_6962-small.jpg

Same road different spot
IMG_2579-small.jpg

As an alternate you can dig in instead of climb up.
This was totally accidental, but after the left rear dug in I was perfectly level!
(Somewhere in the KofA)
7D_03849Dug-small.jpg

doesn't take much to keep waking up to find yourself stuffed into one side of the tent over and over.

RULE # 2: When possible, set up your sleeping area during daylight and before a night of drinking~

RULE #18:

When nature calls at 2am, those big flat stones that you can barely make out in the moonlight might be good for stepping across in your bare feet. :idea:

Be aware that they also might be cow patties...:confused:

Last edited:
I learned how to perfect the process from Phil. I also use the bubble/target level on my iPhone to validate level sleeping area.
Great use for the phone! I keep a small bubble level living in my transfer case boot that I just lie on the shifter console when it comes time to level the truck out. Once level, I just plop it back on the shifter boot to keep it from sliding around. I may nail it down with some doublestick but don't want to hurt the faux wood. It's worked for 3 years. I've been able to just meander around a bit and usually end up level, only had to stack a rock (or use my leveling blocks) twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom