Calling on Ironman Classic Bumper owners, GX460 2013 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

$2 a set plus shipping? PM me if you need them.

Justin

I'll shoot you a PM, how'd you mount them to the bumper on the inside? Pics?

Walmart outdoor mounting tape & o'reilly 3m molding tape UPC 51131036154 are basicly the same material. You will need to sand the inside for the sensors. 008” and cut the key way with a jigsaw blade. I did both without power tools in 30 min. Shavings looked like parmesan cheese. Lol

IMG_20201201_092237.jpg

IMG_20201201_092125.jpg

IMG_20201201_152437.jpg

Last edited:
I wanted something slightly recessed so the bumper protects the sensors. They have worked great at this lower location. Had to go back and apply touch-up paint to the holes I drilled.... Ironman classic bumper does not have these holes.

I wanted something slightly recessed so the bumper protects the sensors. They have worked great at this lower location. Had to go back and apply touch-up paint to the holes I drilled.... Ironman classic bumper does not have these holes.
Great idea to recess the sensors, but what is the maximum angle the sensors operate? If they are too deep your sensors will always be "on" because they'll be picking up the side wall of the "well" they are countersunk into.
So my guess is that angle will determine both the depth of the sensor and the diameter of the opening at the bumper, Perhaps a conical shape, smaller I.D. at the sensor and flaring out at the bumper.

Relay box fit perfectly under the headlight with the extra hardware. Caught lower bolt on bracket and removed plastic rivet that held rubber to use that factory hole to secure top of relay. Took two nuts and a longer bolt from the kit to make a nice stand off.

IMG_20210706_190842.jpg
IMG_20210706_175648.jpg

Last edited:
Just going through an install of this bumper on my 2012. It looks like the Premium bumper has the holes for the parking sensors, but the Classic does not.

I looked at the photos for the Premium bumper and replicated the sensor placement on my classic bumper.

for some reason, 2 of my parking sensors were hot glued to the sensor holders and bumper and I couldn't get them apart. I ordered the parts below as replacements. Will report back once everything gets installed.

Sensor holders
4-pack

single holder
Amazon product ASIN B08P79V47Q
Replacement sensors
Amazon product ASIN B07KR1PYRB

Wow, didn't know the sensors and mounts were that cheap!
Great to know, Thanks!

Just going through an install of this bumper on my 2012. It looks like the Premium bumper has the holes for the parking sensors, but the Classic does not.

I looked at the photos for the Premium bumper and replicated the sensor placement on my classic bumper.

for some reason, 2 of my parking sensors were hot glued to the sensor holders and bumper and I couldn't get them apart. I ordered the parts below as replacements. Will report back once everything gets installed.

Sensor holders
4-pack

single holder
Amazon product ASIN B08P79V47Q
Replacement sensors
Amazon product ASIN B07KR1PYRB
Quick update now that the bumper is installed. The 3rd party sensors and sensor holders are doing well.
I used a Harbor Freight Hercules #4 step bit (item number 64649) to drill out the holes.

8996FB73-A5C8-403A-9917-DAA5C740462B.jpeg

4D7F2EB9-7228-48B6-ACFF-3061A8AF589F.jpeg

065DF631-0330-4225-A51F-8EDDF59101FF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom