Cables in NC: Repair or custom (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RedHeadedStepChild

Proudly wearing my MC1R mutation!
Threads
I've just learned of another obscure part on my 44. :poof:

The other day as I was dropping the kiddies of at school, I popped it in neutral and pulled the parking brake (because the school requires that they get out on the right hand side and I don't want to back in), and a loud BANG announced the demise of my the cable.

Apparently, a mid-wheel base, semi-float rear, RHD parking brake cable is not terribly common.
P/N 46410-60170

Beno's system doesn't recognize the part number.
SOR is doing "research".
There a guy in Moscow looking for one.
I have an inquiry in with Japan4x4.
I'll do some web hunting in Au and NZ next

BUT, I'm also looking into contingency plans. Anyone have a good option for custom cable work? Repair or new?

Try Amayama as well

Yup, Amayama and Japan4x4 are the two I'd check.

As for repair, it's just the inner cable that's broken, or did the sheath break as well?

Haven't pulled it out to really look yet, but I think it's just the inner.

Amayama!
Don't know why I didn't think of them. I apparently have an outstanding request for a water pump gasket with them.
Hopefully they'll have something to say in a few days....

try akella also. He was able to get a wiper motor for the 70 series troopy no one else could find

Swing and a miss at Japan4x4. Dave says it's delisted.
Put a query in with Akella. Thanks Al, I somehow haven't heard of him before this.

No good cables to snag here. They put the engines together in Durham. Here we just take really big pieces of metal and make them into shapely less big pieces of metal.

Hopefully, I'll have some time to pull it this weekend, though I need to finish the OME install on the 4Rnr. Freakin' Vermont car fought me every step of the way. Lots of PB Blaster, cheater bars, heat, sawzall blades, cutoff wheels, and cursing. Twisted off two sway bar end links, so now I'm waiting for WabFab to ship me some new quick disconnects:bang:.

My wife has been handing me a big bag of
$B0B4139B4A677EB.gif
because we have 3 cars and a motor cycle and exactly 1 vehicle could pass inspection right now.

Anyway, the hunt continues...

Do yourself a favor and Google WabFab

Yeah..,Unfortunately I did that just AFTER I sent the paypal payment.

I emailed him yesterday. He replied within a hour or two and says, with shipping, I should see them this weekend. We shall see...

Just heard back from Amayama...STRIKE TWO!!!

I sense a Dorman cable repair kit in my future...anyone ever try one?

I can not see the cables for different vehicles within the LC line being too far off from yours. Have you inquired with any parts gurus about cross over parts. I would think if the ends are similar and so is the length that you can make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom