Cabin fever- got another cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, long time lurker looking to get out a bit. Sold my 62 because i wasn’t using it and found myself missing it. Came across a decent 100 at the right price so im going to make a nice rig over time. Having lived in Utah then Arkansas where you can go for days off road, Texas has been a little disappointing in oportunities to get out and enjoy nature on public land. new to ATRAC and wanting to see some sights and test it out. i Know there is HF, may camp out there soon. Are there trails for mostly stock rigs? I rode my motorcycle out to turkey bend today and that interests me a lot. Saw a trail rig there camping. Can you just take Off the pavement anywhere in the park? I saw some dirt trails There. Anyone have any other recommendations or meet ups?
here is the 62 I restored and my new 100 I want to build. I’m on a teacher salary with numerous hobbies so will take some time.
5E4B2FE4-BF5D-4A93-9DBF-591C69389756.jpeg
A8E194E7-F218-49FE-BBFD-1831B5D70E48.jpeg

Last edited:
Hidden Falls, Wolf Caves, Katemcy Rocks....

Welcome to Austin. What grade do you teach? My wife teaches 3rd grade in AISD.
Thanks! Those are great suggestions. At some point I’d love to follow someone with experience out at any of those. Also still curious about turkey bend or anywhere a new guy could explore without an experienced spotter.
I teach high school computer science. Came from the tech world and love teaching- especially June-August lol. Otherwise not as lucrative as the tech field for sure. My goal is to get out to big bend. Hoping before next summer I’ll have the rig ready and head out there a few days. Where does your wife teach?

Well, if you get tired of teaching, there are tons of CS jobs in this town.

She teaches at Wooten Elementary.

Davegonz wooten is our feeder, Ive worked with those guys before. I’m at Navarro (Lanier) across 183.
Sliders are definitely on my short list, thanks for the suggestions. I’m considering making my own but it a decent set comes up reasonably first I’ll just buy some.

Hi all, long time lurker looking to get out a bit. Sold my 62 because i wasn’t using it and found myself missing it. Came across a decent 100 at the right price so im going to make a nice rig over time. Having lived in Utah then Arkansas where you can go for days off road, Texas has been a little disappointing in oportunities to get out and enjoy nature on public land. new to ATRAC and wanting to see some sights and test it out. i Know there is HF, may camp out there soon. Are there trails for mostly stock rigs? I rode my motorcycle out to turkey bend today and that interests me a lot. Saw a trail rig there camping. Can you just take Off the pavement anywhere in the park? I saw some dirt trails There. Anyone have any other recommendations or meet ups?
here is the 62 I restored and my new 100 I want to build. I’m on a teacher salary with numerous hobbies so will take some time.View attachment 2400115View attachment 2400122

Check out Central Texas Off Road Day Trips on FB. There is a mild trip out to HF this Saturday.

Check out Central Texas Off Road Day Trips on FB. There is a mild trip out to HF this Saturday.
Perfect, thank you. Hope to meet some of you as life resumes to a more normal state. I have read about the bastrop trails. Hoping to check that out if I can figure out where best to go.
that’s awesome thanks! I am not sure how open they are to new and latecomers but I posted the question there. I’d like to go if it’s an option.

Last edited:
Perfect, thank you. Hope to meet some of you as life resumes to a more normal state. I have read about the vast rip trails. Hoping to check that out if I can figure out where best to go.

that’s awesome thanks! I am not sure how open they are to new and latecomers but I posted the question there. I’d like to go if it’s an option.

Go here:

Clicky

Sign up, introduce yourself, meet a crap ton of Toyota enthusiasts. Mike Penberg, in Leander, will be rolling in the event tomorrow, in his '86 T4R. He is the guy that posted the FB group event. Skip to the last couple of pages, there are 5596 currently, and ain't nobody got time for that...

Here is another, for Austin locals:

Clicky2

That is the older of the two threads, and there is a lot of the same folks in both.

You will be welcomed with open arms in either, or both.

Very cool, thanks JMDaniel and all. I’m rolling out there tomorrow as well, pulling my running boards now. I just realized my phones autocorrected above on “vast rip” trails thought they may be lol. Should say BASTROP trails. I want to check them out as soon as I figure out where. Thanks again, hope to meet some of y’all tomorrow and on the trails!

Very cool, thanks JMDaniel and all. I’m rolling out there tomorrow as well, pulling my running boards now. I just realized my phones autocorrected above on “vast rip” trails thought they may be lol. Should say BASTROP trails. I want to check them out as soon as I figure out where. Thanks again, hope to meet some of y’all tomorrow and on the trails!

The Bastrop trails are accessed where the red circle is, off Hwy 71, east of 21/95.

cP8aDma.jpg

Had my Tundra out there, shortly after I picked it up.

WJ4BP11.jpg

Beautiful truck and a stunning shot! Thanks for the info. I’ll be bringing trash bags and packing out anything I run across when I go. I just pulled my running boards and gained a hell of a lot of clearance.

Beautiful truck and a stunning shot! Thanks for the info. I’ll be bringing trash bags and packing out anything I run across when I go. I just pulled my running boards and gained a hell of a lot of clearance.

Thanks! That was a one and done for me. It was a blast, but I was hosing mud out for weeks. Picking up trash is always appreciated, but I wonder where the hell it comes from?

60 vehicles showed up on Saturday. Mike Penberg's drone shot:

117391137_10220554036355352_243762040656071632_o.jpg
That’s me- So fun. Thanks for the heads up, really appreciated all the work that went into organizing it. yesterday I went to Bastrop. I’ll post a cool video after editing. I picked up some trash but it’s clear the dumping is rampant.

0FF94596-B38E-4658-BA5E-6ABE40F9B260.jpeg

Holy $H!T that's a lot of trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom