cabin air filter - lj78 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the location of the cabin air filter on a 91 lj78?

thanks

John

There is no cabin air filter...

~John

There is no cabin air filter...

~John

Soory but you are wrong!!!
p4260051.jpg

p4260052.jpg

p4260053.jpg

Last edited:
That's not an LJ78 part number... That part number works for some much later models, but not the LJ78.

That part is a filter screen for the evaporator unit. Not what is generally considered a cabin air filter.

~John

Last edited:
Hey John,

so how do you usually clean out the vents? I tried vacuuming it, which helped a little but still some particulates coming out when i blast the fan.

Hey John,

so how do you usually clean out the vents? I tried vacuuming it, which helped a little but still some particulates coming out when i blast the fan.

Are you talking about the vents that are in the front by the windshield? Then you might want to remove that panel - carefully - and get in there and clean things out.

The air filter shown, if it can be made to fit, would be a good idea, but all it does is prevent dust from getting into the evaporator.

The other thing that we have had to do at times to take sections of the heating/vent system apart and use a shop vac combined with compressed air to blow particles out of the system... time consuming, but works. Some detail shops have machines to clean out air vents as well, might be worth a call to see who can do this locally for you.

~John

if your spring cleaning the A/C then you might want to clean the fan/ black box under the dash that the passenger kicks when they jump in if you do lots of offroading they get full of snot to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom