Buying LC/LX Worth $$ Lower Mi? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking to buy a 200 LC or LX570. I have never worried about buying a Toyota with 200,000+ miles and wonder if its worth spending extra cash to buy a lower mileage 200 series? I got my FZJ80 with 208,000 mi and got ride of it at 475,000 mi as it was well rusted and needed more repairs than it’s value.

Been looking at a lot of 200 series with around 200,000 mi on them for under $30,000. For around $10,000 more there are some with 100,000 less miles on them. Is the 200 series any more affected by mileage wear than an 80?

Either one will last mechanically. There can be big different in interior wear between 100k and 200k, especially if a multi-owner vehicle. IMO, that's what you're buying. With a 570 there's probably a bit more concern as at 200k you're probably looking at some bigger replacement parts on the AHC side.

I buy the newest lowest mileage I can afford whether that’s a BMW or Toyota. My LX had 19,000 less miles than the LC I had when I got it and despite both being in great condition there was a noticeable difference in wear and tear. My LX feels like a new car in comparison.

As @OregonLC said the interior wear will be different between the two, if you can afford it I’d say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom