Buying a Used Sequoia? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
This may not be the right forum for this thread, but here goes.

I am considering swapping my wife's FJZ80 for a Sequoia. It would be her daily driver, and I would probably use it as an occasional tow vehicle. For simplicity cost and gas milage, I would probably want a 2WD version.

The only must have option I know I would want is rear AC.

Problem is-- I don't know anything about Sequoias. I don't even know when they started making them.

Where can I learn more? Are there good and bad years? Have there been any significant changes during their production run? What are the problems I should be on the look out for?

Basically, is there a newbie guide to Sequoias out there?

Thanks

Jared

hey,

The seqouia was put into production shortly after the tundra was put into production. The tundra drive train is used on the seqouia. I would say if you get a newer seqouia you wouldn't have to worry about much just the normal wear and tear.

Good luck

lunyou

Jared,
2wd are tough to find north of the Mason-Dixon line. 2001 or 2002 is the original offering. Some had front brake issues like the early Tundra.

My in-laws have one and it is not a bad vehicle. Used Sequoia's are not cheap and do not depreciate like the Fords and Chevys. Somewhat soft ride and a relatively heavy vehicle. MPG similiar to 100 series.

All that being said, I would look at used 100's before I bought a Sequoia. The price difference does not make the Sequoia more appealing. Just my $0.02.

Dirk Diggler said:
Jared,
2wd are tough to find north of the Mason-Dixon line. 2001 or 2002 is the original offering. Some had front brake issues like the early Tundra.

My in-laws have one and it is not a bad vehicle. Used Sequoia's are not cheap and do not depreciate like the Fords and Chevys. Somewhat soft ride and a relatively heavy vehicle. MPG similiar to 100 series.

All that being said, I would look at used 100's before I bought a Sequoia. The price difference does not make the Sequoia more appealing. Just my $0.02.

I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom