Bumper/bullbar for HZJ70? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, my first of likely many questions and posts to come. New to the forum as I am currently in the process of restoring a 1995 HZJ70. While I’ve tinkered with off road vehicles before, and owned both a LC 76 and a defender in the past, I’ve never really got into upgrading or restoring anything myself, just been happy rolling forward with what was available to me.

The one I got now needed a little tlc and once you start with one thing you continue with the next... And soon you start getting ambitious. Been helped a lot by reading this forum and all self help guides I’ve been able to find.

Now, after some interior work and engine fix (with help I must admit and still I’ve only scratched the surface of things I should be doing) I’ve ordered new suspension (went with the Ironman 2” lift and hoping (seems to be confirmed according to what I can find in previous threads) that this will allow me to put on BFG MT KM3 285/75r16 (I know there are a lot of opinions and I promise it’s after a lot of reflecting I’ve landed on this setup).

Something I’m struggling with now is finding a suitable bumper/bullbar. On my previous 76 I had an ARB commercial and was very happy with its solid quality. For my 70 now I’m not sure it’s the right way to go to put on a massive bullbar like that and thinking of going something a little nimbler so ready to skip the loops. Would want something winch ready and with good approach angles, preferable by a manufacturer who can supply rear bumper and rock sliders/side steps as well (I’m a little ocd that I hate to mix and match).

One bumper I’ve seen on pictures and I really like is a Venezuelan Toyota 50-anniversary build of the 70/71, would be perfect but I can’t find that anywhere for sale. Anyone with a good suggestion for a bumper/bullbar going in that direction? Or something else I should be considering?

Thanks in advance, once I’m starting to make some noticeable improvements, I’ll share some pics of my project!

I’m struggling with now is finding a suitable bumper/bullbar

Thats because bullbars stop bulls. If it looks dainty it wont stop bulls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom