Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
cruiseroutfitters.com
UPDATE: These are available and shipping!

Front no Hoop: Part# BUMP7XFRNH - 7X Series Front Winch Bumper Kit w/o Hoop - $1175.00
Front With Hoop: Part# BUMP7XFRW - 7X Series Front Winch Bumper Kit With Hoop - $1250.00
Rear Dual Swing Bumper w/Tire Carrier: Part# BUMP7XRDS - 7X Series Rear Bumper Kit w/Dual Swings - $2750

Give us a call at Cruiser Outfitters (801-563-1277) or email (info@cruiseroutfitters.com) if you would like to place an order or need additional information. Thanks!

Old:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting close :cool:

IMG_8694%20%28Small%29.JPG

(The original prototype bumper, we were very happy with how this turned out)

This project started many moons ago with our Project LXXIV, Steve @ LCD and I worked with ExpeditionOne to develop a rear bumper with their high quality flavor and our specs and design criteria. Many iterations later and a production run is near.

I signed off on the final prototype a few weeks back and we should have it back from powder-coat ASAP. We'll verify fitment, assemble hardware kits in-house, create instructions and roll into some production units. It's been a longtime in the making but the end product should be worth our investment. CruiserOutfitters & LandCruisersDirect will be the sole distributors of these bumpers (front is also available, minimal change to the LXXIV build) and pricing will be competitive. There are some great bumper options on the market for the 7x these days and I love the fact there are so many neat ways to outfit and personalize these Cruisers. We simply hope to provide another option for those bumper shopping.

Some pics of the prototyping to whet the appetite

crout_7x_bump_1 (Small).jpg

crout_7x_bump_2 (Small).jpg

crout_7x_bump_3 (Small).JPG

(Shown with optional hitch)

crout_7x_bump_4 (Small).jpg

new_front_1.JPG

Last edited:
I might consider dumping my rigged up kaymar for one of these. What are the door plates for?

Do you have any pictures of the matching front bumpers ?

Thanks

Joe

Do you have any pictures of the matching front bumpers ?

Thanks

Joe

You bet, available with or without the hoop, designed for out popular WARN/ComeUp offerings

image.jpg

I might consider dumping my rigged up kaymar for one of these. What are the door plates for?

The linkage for the swing pivot. The beauty of this design is the simplicity of opening, you simply open the door as normal and the swings come along with it. More pics of the original prototype:

image.jpg

Wow- the latch-less design is brilliant. A great way to overcome the spousal objection to the other types of bumpers and it also makes for great one-handed operation......so you don't spill your beer....er, I mean sweet-tea (since I'm in the South).

Don't the latches typically take some weight off the pivot point, though? I'm sure you've thought this through!

That front bumper is beautiful as well!

So no latches for the swing outs by themselves? Very interesting if that's the case, I like it, anything to make access easier.

Correct, no latches.

Excellent choice on those 24v LED tail lights.. although I wish they could be mounted wider like in the prototype but I realize your space restriction with trying to keep the tow points in line with the frame rails

Last edited:
Excellent choice on those 24v LED tail lights.. although I wish they could be mounted wider like in the prototype but I realize your space restriction with trying to keep the tow points in line with the frame rails

Exactly, those corners are a bit busy with the pivot and the tow hook. The lights are just slightly too wide to fit in that gap.

For those wondering about real world feedback, I was lucky enough to purchase the BJ74 that Kurt and company mounted the prototypes up to. Have only lightly offroaded with them so no comments on robustness but they are stout and am sure will do the job when called upon. I LOVE the convenience of just opening the door and having the swingout pivot with it. Very happy with my bumpers so far, just need to bang them up a bit more :)

For those wondering about real world feedback, I was lucky enough to purchase the BJ74 that Kurt and company mounted the prototypes up to. Have only lightly offroaded with them so no comments on robustness but they are stout and am sure will do the job when called upon. I LOVE the convenience of just opening the door and having the swingout pivot with it. Very happy with my bumpers so far, just need to bang them up a bit more :)

Thanks for chiming in Jason, glad you are sill enjoying them. Did I mention I miss that BJ74 lately? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom