Built Some Window Screens for the 80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

S4Cruiser,

Nice craftsmanship! :beer:

And a great price to boot!! :clap:

S4Cruiser - how are you accounting for the curvature of the window frame? I got to looking at mine today, and it's nowhere near flat.

S4Cruiser - how are you accounting for the curvature of the window frame? I got to looking at mine today, and it's nowhere near flat.

The wood frames are flexible and when attached to the window with the suction cups and bungee will bend/form to the frame shape. The weather stripping also helps to seal all along the frame.

HTH
-Jon

I just got my screens unpacked yesterday, and they're perfect. They shipped with no damage, and fit the truck greaet. S4Cruiser, great job man. Now I won't wake up covered in mosquitoes. When I get my camera up and running, I'll post a pic. For those of you looking to store them, I put them on the cargo net I have hanging from the roof with my fishing rod in it. Thanks again.

I actually built myself a set of these using S4Cruiser's design.

In hindsight, just buy them from him. By the time you factor in the cost of materials & trying to source everything, you'll be much better off to just purchase these.

Unless of course, your time is only worth $0.50/hr. The design is great though - they work very well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom