Budget paint job (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! I haven’t posted in a while, but have been lurking around.

I am finally ready to get a new coat of paint on the 60. Looking for a recommendation for a budget shop the area.

I had heard good things about Maaco in Greer, and went over for an estimate and they said they don’t work on anything older than 2000. I don’t believe that, but they likely are so busy with insurance work that I wasn’t worth their time.

I’m not looking for show car work, just a respray of the original color.

thanks in advance!

It’s pretty slim pickings with places that don't solely do collision work. There is so much prep work and masking work involved with a full respray that it’s just not worth most places time. And the places that you can find tend not to like you doing your own prep work because 90% of a paint job is the prep and it reflects on the final spray. I couldn’t find a place that would do my fj40 (for a reasonable price non 10k range) so I have slowly been painting it myself.

there is one Guy who has painted my friends truck and painted some doors for @yamaguchigumi. I can’t remember his name. He is in greenville off Poinsett Highway. Small one man shop. Does ok work. If you’re not looking for a pro job and don’t mind some small areas of orange peel. He might be a good contact. I’ll ask my friend for his contact info.

Brookshire Collision in Mauldin did the bodywork and some paint on my 62 after my daughter got into accident several years ago. Beamer is the name of the co-owner whom I worked with. They did a great job, they just painted the hood, roof, front drivers quarter and passenger rear quarter and it blended well.
I've heard good things about Taylor Collision in Simpsonville too, I think Marshall has had them do some painting for Trollholes customers. At some point will be looking to get the son in laws 80 repainted but that's about 6-8 months off at least.
I have heard that with the decrease in people driving & thus lower accident rate, body shops are looking for work in many cases and more reasonable in quotes. Let us know which route you go.....

Curious to know if you found someone to do the painting needed......

I just got my 80 painted here in Columbia by a buddy of mine in his free time.

CC85690F-6664-4BF4-B40D-C0FD9DF7136B.jpeg

Is he interested in doing another?
I’m sure he wouldn’t mind the money. I had to buy all supplies (paint, primer, sand paper, etc.) and he went from there. We have a paint supply place here that does a big sale every last Friday of the month so that saved me a good bit. He did a great job! He’s painted a car and motorcycle for me too!

I have a 60 that needs some minor rust repair (couple small spots/holes starting to pop up) and paint too. I’m wanting to nip it in the bud before it gets to be significant. Thoughts on which of the previously mentioned shops would be best option?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom