buddy is looking for a 44 or 46 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

one of my friends is looking to buy a 44 or 46 series cruiser. i know they're not common here in the states but we're hping to find one so we don't have to import it.

any leads would be appreciated!

Look on ebay there was a nice blue one that was still listed last time I looked,also the importer in Georgia had one listed on ebay brown I think

the only one i saw was a white 44 in germany. got a link?

The time must have ran out on both of them try this link he had two not long ago one I think sold one the other was just running, also the nice blue one will probably air again he ran it twice and I don't think he got any reasonable offers
info@globalclassicimports.com

thanks for the replies. i'll pm john and see if he's got anything for us.

My BJ44 could be for sale

I do have my 44 on CL right now. How much is your friend looking to spend? I am still kicking around the idea of selling it or keeping it. If the right offer were made I would probably sell, but I have been seriously thinking of keeping it. I can tell you right now I won't give it away.

I saw a yellow one on Ebay this morning for $7500 in NZ with delivery?!! I can tell you right now I wouldn't sell mine for that cheap!!

1981 Toyota Land Cruiser BJ44V RHD DIESEL!!

thanks for the post. your CL add has been posted before. how many times have you listed it? i seem to remember seeing it before.

my buddy did contact you but the fiberglass rust repair had us concerned. he's trying to look at a few options before making a decision.

but thanks for the post, i do appreciate it. good luck with the sale either way!

georg

I've actually done some thinking today and have decided to pull it off the market. I have to admit, the rarity of the cruiser coupled with not owing anything on it right along with the fact it has never left me stranded has made me realize I should keep it. Tell your friend good luck on his hunt for me.

i think that's a good call. finding another one already here in the states would be tough, especially one in good shape like yours.

i did look at a few this past sunday. a buddy of mine just brought in 2 44s and a 46 from japan, i got to drive them and give them a once over. the 46 might be what we're looking for.

we're also looking at a few in japan and one in france as well as another one in michigan.

i'll post up when i know more. :)

If the 46 is nice I would go with that one. I haven't seen any listed in the states yet. I would definitely like to see some pics!!

black 44 and white 46, both in northern CA and registered in the usa. they're both for sale but i can't divulge the info until we figure out which one my buddy rod's gonna buy. ;p
bj44.jpg
bj46.jpg

your 43 is super cool and rod knows it but he's got his mind set on a 44 or 46. the 46 in the pic above is an 84 with the 3B, h55f, split case, discs, factory ps, factory air,........you name it. and on top of all that it's got the jdm fold and tumble rear bench. :grinpimp:

By looking at the pics I would probably go with the 46. BUT, be cautious with the diamond plate...pretty much always equals rust.

How are the bottoms of the doors all around?

Both have nice lifts though, I am definitely jealous of the lift. Sounds like rod has some serious choices to make. Keep us posted.

Has the front springs on the 44 had the shackle reversal?

i spent almost 3 hours going over the rigs with a fine toothed comb as well as driving them. there's no rust under the diamond plate below the door jamb. there is some mild rust along the bottom of the ddors and in the rear sill area. we all know what to look for.........but besides that the rigs are solid. no rust in the floors or along the seem where the floor meets the side of the body.

Both rigs have ome springs under them as far as i could tell. no shackle reversals. they do ride and handle fairly well. :)

Which One??

So which one did you choose? Can you divulge the info now?

no final decisions made yet, but all three of the rigs posted above are for sale. pm me for more info, not at liberty to post up about them yet but i will when the time's right.

georg @ valley hybrids

I always liked the white BJ46s, gotta love that brown plad interiors tho......

Forward facing rear seat and lots of room for the doggies and gear behind the seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom