BUDBUILT SKIDS - CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BIC JET

GOLD Star
Threads
Oh my gosh, I had to share with everyone what a fantastic experience I have had with BudBuilt!!

Placed my order a little while back, maybe early Nov. Skids arrived exactly when Rob said they would.

What I am so pumped about is how simple the process was from the time I ordered them to the time I was installing them today. Like many of us on the forum, I am a little bit mechanical and have done a few things to my vehicles over the years. But I always wonder when ordering aftermarket items what trouble I will run into, what won't fit, and how many nuts/bolts/washers will be missing from the package.

Let me tell you, the men at BudBuilt have their act together. Not only was every single part in the package, they were all labeled perfectly, individually wrapped, and ready to go. The only thing I couldn't find were any instructions. So, I went to their website to see if there was a set there I could download. Better yet, there was a full video. This video is so perfectly done. The two men installing them did an awesome job explaining every single step, specific torque requirements, bolt/nut sizes, everything was perfect. I set my laptop up and watched the install of one area, hit pause and went and did the work, and this was how I got it done. Every single thing fit perfectly, installed perfectly, and went down exactly like the video.

If any of you are considering getting skids with any of the Santa Clause money that will be dropped off at your place in the next few days, don't think about it, don't walk, but run as fast as you can to place your order! I had one dumb question during the install, shot off an email and within just a few minutes Bud himself called me and gave me the details on what I needed to do to answer my dumb question (what is the best tool to use to trim the heat shield? I know, dumb right?) Anyway, Bud was awesome and told me they had been super busy. I am sure they are because they deliver a first rate product.

Good luck, and Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays to all. Now get off the forum and go order anything from BudBuilt!!

No remuneration was granted for this post. I just needed to share what a great experience I had.

unnamed.jpg

I had a similar and just as excellent experience with Budbuilt for my slider order. Great company to deal with, Absolute top notch customer service over the phone and with the video install instructions I was able to tackle the slider install in my driveway with ease. How they label the hardware and fasteners was such a nice touch.

Same here. BB is top notch. Looking forward to getting my custom TJM bumper transition plate.

Next week I am tackling the BP51 and ARB front bumper.

I'll pile on: Budbuilt makes amazing products, an every interaction I've had with anyone there has been terrific. The items I've purchased have all been well engineered, thoughtfully designed, and DIY friendly. Rob has shared his wealth of knowledge generously, and helped me out with things well outside of a product purchase. You can't go wrong getting stuff from these folks.

Last edited:
Same here. BB is top notch. Looking forward to getting my custom TJM bumper transition plate.

Can you elaborate on this? I am in on the group but for BB skids and am planning to order a TJM bumper as well. Will the BB front skid not work with the TJM? Can BB modify the front skid to allow it to fit?

There is a gap between the front skid and the start of the bumper, on the stock bumper and the TJM (I've read on this site). The gap exposes the radiator and power steering cooler to potential damage. Some of us have made home built block off plates. Rob is working on a Budbuilt solution for this.

Last edited:
The skids are designed with the ARB bumper in mind, as that is what they used to build the skids with. It matches up perfectly, I am sure BB will gladly put a plate together for you if you are going TJM. I would give Rob a call.

The skids are designed with the ARB bumper in mind, as that is what they used to build the skids with. It matches up perfectly, I am sure BB will gladly put a plate together for you if you are going TJM. I would give Rob a call.
He is working on it. I spoke with Rob (@Taco2Cruiser) about this just after Thanksgiving. I don't feel comfortable sharing his timelines, but it is in the works.

There is a gap between the front skid and the start of the bumper, on the stock bumper and the TJM (I've read on this site). The gap exposes the radiator and power steering cooler to potential damage. Some of us have made home built block off plates. Rob is working on a Budbuilt solution for this.

I agree a solution is badly needed there. Happy to hear Rob is working on it.

Can you elaborate on this? I am in on the group but for BB skids and am planning to order a TJM bumper as well. Will the BB front skid not work with the TJM? Can BB modify the front skid to allow it to fit?
I somehow missed this question. Looks like others answered it though. Here is my thread on the issue with TJM bumper. It’s nothing major. It is another example of how great BB is. I called and asked if they could make something to fill the gap and they were very willing to do so. I don't want to share time line details because it is uncertain. I plan on updating the thread when I install the new splash shield.

TJM T13 “gap”

Last edited:
If interested in BudBuilt skids and accompanying sliders/shock guards, there’s a group buy available here. Last day to join is Jan 4, 2021, Monday morning at 10am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom