BudBuilt Skid Plate Discount (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I made good use of the sticker that was supplied.

885B3940-0AD4-4865-800A-050D25BE0BFC.jpeg

I made good use of the sticker that was supplied.

View attachment 2486794

I’ve thought of putting my labels on, but I know I’ll just destroy them... so I never did.
:-/

I do appreciate that BB refuses to cut their name into critical stuff....for functional reasons (no cheese graters)...but I do think they (BB) might get a bit more outreach with maybe a shallow etching it into a corner or something. Even with a coat of crud...might show juuust enough... OTOH... That’s just more time & money that is better spent on quality welds.

Last edited:
I’ve thought of putting my labels on, but I know I’ll just destroy them... so I never did.

I do appreciate that BB refuses to cut their name into critical stuff....for functional reasons (no cheese graters)...but I do they might get a bit more visibility with shallow etching it into a corner just for a bit of outreach. Even with a coat of crud...might show juuust enough... OTOH... That’s just more time & money that is better spent on quality welds.
I like that they are all business, functional, and rugged. I really don't see the point in products that have logos, but I realize I'm probably in the minority on that topic.

Rob is awesome, I assume Bud is awesome based on his business practices and products.

The ONLY thing I've ever wished was done different is the gap between the front of the front most skid and the bumper (stock bumper and apparently the TJM13 too). I hacked something together out of scrap plate aluminum to protect the exposed bits, but it feels like an oversight. Fortunately, it looks like that is being worked on with another 'mud member, so hopefully that will be added to their offerings soon!

I like that they are all business, functional, and rugged. I really don't see the point in products that have logos, but I realize I'm probably in the minority on that topic.

Rob is awesome, I assume Bud is awesome based on his business practices and products.

The ONLY thing I've ever wished was done different is the gap between the front of the front most skid and the bumper (stock bumper and apparently the TJM13 too). I hacked something together out of scrap plate aluminum to protect the exposed bits, but it feels like an oversight. Fortunately, it looks like that is being worked on with another 'mud member, so hopefully that will be added to their offerings soon!

Ya, only thinking of logos in terms of benefit to BB.

I remember when I talked to Rob, I asked about a logo being embossed or anything like that and why they didn't. I'm normally a guy that doesn't care for logos being visible and things like that. But when you have companies that have such great customer service and are so helpful, I wanted everyone to know.

I have the stage 3, front panels in SS and tank in aluminum. It is perfect. If I was just overlanding, I would have done aluminum for all. But I do a couple trails each year that are just boulder fields, and the cost to recover is more than the impact of the weight. I don't have ever to worry, these plates are brilliantly designed,

I figure when the sticker does get destroyed and everything else is in tack it will be an even better advertisement for BB.

I do appreciate that BB refuses to cut their name into critical stuff....for functional reasons (no cheese graters)...but I do think they (BB) might get a bit more outreach with maybe a shallow etching it into a corner or something. Even with a coat of crud...might show juuust enough... OTOH... That’s just more time & money that is better spent on quality welds.

He gives us a pile of stickers, if you put them on the front angle they stay clear. I surfed a lot of very deep mud and was very surprised that they stayed on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom